• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Engines sound when all engines are down

Hi gyus,

I have a question about such abnormal FSX functioning:

1. Initially i have a cockpit view

2. I shutting down all engines and apu
Sound of running engines disappears at current view (cockpit) and i hear an airport environment sound only

3. I switching a view to exterior camera (using F11)
The loud sound of running engines presents at exterior view and does not disappear:eek:

4. I switching a view back to cockpit camera (using F9)
The loud sound of running engines now appeared at cockpit view too

This occures in very most (but not all) cases, mainly for jetcrafts. In local offline session and in network sessions too.

The second issue is that when i saving my offline flight with lights and apu turned on, and when i loading this file - the lights and apu are turned off.

Is it normal or it is abnormal for FSXA?:confused: What to do to eliminate this abnormality?

Thank you

Last edited:
There does seem to be a bug in FSX with this. I've found that pressing Q twice to mute and un-mute the sound sometimes cures it temporarily. As far as I know, there's no permanent solution.

Si

n4gix

Resource contributor
It is, as Si said, a bug in the FSX sound engine...

It's particularly annoying because I typically leave FSX running 24/7 for weeks on end, especially when testing out a new aircraft/gauge/panel system...

I like to "stress test" my code and/or scripts to ensure there's no memory leaks or other defects prior to release. :cool:

I've also had ground contact sounds persist long after the aircraft's stopped moving. So it looks like it's more widespread than just the engine sounds. Just one more thing we'll have to learn to live with...

Si