• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Error 53 During File Select

Country
us-pennsylvania
Whe I select a previously modified file from within the program (bmp file list) I receive the Run Time #53 Error. Selecting existing FS2204 BMP files works ok.

Last edited:
Country
us-arizona
Ah, now I see what the problem is. Dick, you have to remember that the stated purpose of this program is to add back in autogen in NEW scenery areas that designers have created. I never dreamed someone would be in the default FS directories trying to alter the .agn files that don't follow the naming conventions the files get when creating new photoreal texture tiles. When I go looking for an existing .agn file that corresponds to a .bmp file in a texture directory, I have assumed there's this long list of characters of 15 numbers, followed by 2 characters designating the season, and then ".bmp". When I go to save out an .agn file for that image, I take those 15 numbers and add on "an.agn". That's why you're having problems with the mosaic function. It's only for addon texture directories, not your default FS areas. Man, that's a scary thing to be going in and directly editing those default files and certainly not what I ever intended for users to be doing. If you have a compelling need to alter FS's included .agn files, please copy them out to another directory and work on them there. Only after you're sure you haven't created a mess would you then copy them back and then only after ensuring you have an adequate backup.

Hope this all makes sense. I'll certainly look to see if the code can be altered to prevent the creation of the bizarre file name you ended up with but please be careful what you're editing.

Art Martin

Country
us-pennsylvania
Thanks Art...

I would like to "improve" the existing Autogen'd basic FS files. I thought that the file name looked odd but who knows.... I just keep a world/texture file copy around.

One other file related item. Under FILE you can OPEN which provides a tree that ends with supposedly the last file used. However, mine stops as shown. Would be nice to have it go all the way to the last file used.
Thanks,
Dick Boley

Last edited:
Country
us-arizona
I've noticed that happens when I'm using it as well and I haven't had time to pin that down yet. Some folders it retains the position and on others it reverts back a step or two in the tree. The last position is being saved into the .ini file so I'm probably missing some code where that gets saved properly. Of course Microsoft in their infinite wisdom give you only this generic treeview control without any built-in directory traversing functionality so I had to build in all that myself. I was real happy just to figure out how to load up and move through directories using the control. Trying to figure out which nodes of the treeview to expand to get to a saved path turned out to be this real pain in the butt and I'm not surprised if I missed something small that works sometimes but not always. Eventually I'll clean that one up.

Art