• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Error Loading DSD_FSX_XML_sound Gauge in CS 757

Country
us-florida
Getting an error when trying to load the CS ( CaptainSim) 757 DSD_FSX_XML_sound Gauge.
The error reads: can't find or load the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini or conf. failed
loading default file.
Several weeks prior to this error installed Doug Dawson CS L 1011 V-One gauge which works fine.
Prior to this install the CS 757 V-One gauge used too work fine as well.
Any ideas. Thanks C.F. Rod.

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
Please tell me that it is an add-on for those CS products that you are having trouble with.

Country
us-florida
Using the following add ons in FSX Acceleration :
Your V-One Gauge for:
CS 757; CS 737; CS L 1011; CS 727
The problem is the CS 757. When loading the aircraft I get the error mentioned above.
Thanks

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
OK. Thanks.
Actually, it is not my V-One gauge; that is someone else's xml code. Sorry, I don't recall who's it is, you'll have to check the readme for it.
Have a look at the add-on download and make sure that all the files included in it are still in place in your FS install.

Doug

Country
us-florida
The aircraft (CS 757) loads fine. Once I clear the error message, the plane loads and work fine.
I can use your V One gauge fine but it doesn't has any of the V One gauge sounds. The aircraft default sounds are fine as well. Thanks

Country
unitedstates
Hi Carlos,

I wrote those V_One gauges so let me answer your problem.
I recently updated my dsd_fsx_xml_sound gauge to version 4.21 and had the same error.
I corrected the problem by changing the path in the panel.cfg.
Look in the panel.cfg for: dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 2,2,2,2,./panel/v-one/v-one_sound.ini (note the 'period' before the first 'slash') I believe it's missing. Also change the 'slashes' to '/'
Let me know if this works.

Country
unitedstates
Maybe it was v4.31???

I've installed v5.2 about a month to two ago.

Anyway, I released all of my V-One gauges with an older version of your gauge (5/1/2011 is the approximate date).
I hadn't tested any of your newer sound gauges until recently when I discovered a path issue in the CS757 panel.cfg file.

Paul

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
I think I finally have most of the bugs out of the thing, so I was concerned that there might still be older versions kicking around available for general download.