ESP installation

Hi all,
I just tried to install ESP on a test system with relative old components. It is a Dell dual CPU Xeon computer with a Geforce 7900 GS.
After the installation, when I start ESP, it claimed for the latest DirectX driver and crashes after a view seconds.

The measures I did were the following:
- installed the latest NVIDIA driver
- Installed the latest DirectX driver
- reinstalled ESP

no success...

On my main development system ESP runs fine.
Did anybody have similar troubles and found a solution?

regards
TOWSIM

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

What is the exact error message you get? That might help.

Also, when you say you installed the last DirectX, do you mean the last version of DirectX 9?

Hi Arno,
the exact error message is:
ESP cannot run because the version of Microsoft DirectX(R) installed on your computer is incompatible. Please reinstall DirectX 9.0 by running ESP Setup, or download the current version from www.microsoft.com/directx.

I first installed a DirectX version 9.28? from the "Chip" Download site.
Then I tried the latest DirectX version 9.0c from the official Microsoft Site.
Both versions were published in February 2010. I even used the DirectX Test Tool to ensure that the installation is ok. The driver passed all the tests. Even the hardware acceleration test for version 9.0 worked fine.

I have FS2004 running on the same machine without any problem.

Thank you for you interest

TOWSIM
Friedhelm Michel

Hi Arno,
I just found a solution for the problem by installing the DirectX SDK from August 2009. The DirectX version remained the same. It seems, that the DirectX runtime misses a component which is delivered with the SDK.
So finally I did not find exactly the reason but it works now.

Thank you
TOWSIM
Friedhelm Michel

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Glad to hear you solved it. It is indeed quite confusing since it seems there are many versions of DirectX 9.0.