• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
canada
Ok what did I miss? The DRR is already delayed. Where is preview episode 2 3 and 4? This drip drip drip of info is getting annoying. Hey Microsoft get off my lawn! I mean my procedural grass! Must have my cranky pants on today. Two weeks to next update. Hope more than 40 words. :confused:

Country
us-illinois
Ever wonder why MSFS-2020 developers do not communicate at FSDeveloper forums as they do at AVSIM ?

After all, even DoveTail was willing to directly communicate at both FSDeveloper forums and AVSIM. ;)

Perhaps it's because this discussion thread might merit an 'attitude adjustment' ? :scratchch

This is starting to 'read' like a plot in a Grade-B movie:

"The FSDeveloper MSFS-2020 thread preview trailer is awesome!" :alert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Corn_(1984_film)

GaryGB

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Not sure why the developers would need to actively communicate.

After all, reading along is all they need to do.

Country
us-illinois
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...-flight-sim-from-microsoft.445504/post-830197

After all, reading along is all they need to do.

No doubt, the most meaningful info may be feedback from Beta testers (including some who post here ?).

But, it was interesting to see DoveTail was at least willing to accept 'pre-Beta' input from FSDeveloper forums.

This scenario makes it appear as though the MSFS-2020 developers already had their minds made up about what feature sets to include, and what SDK issues to "fix" ...for MSFS-2020 before it was even announced.

Why NOT 'actively communicate' at FSDeveloper forums ?

After all, how many of us still communicate- much less do any "reading along"- ...at AVSIM forums ? :scratchch

I'm inclined to agree with Dick on this one:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...-flight-sim-from-microsoft.445504/post-824610

If Microsoft wants to prevent failure, they need to get HERE, and right quick. :banghead:

GaryGB

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
No doubt, the most meaningful info may be feedback from Beta testers (including some who post here ?).

But, it was interesting to see DoveTail was at least willing to accept 'pre-Beta' input from FSDeveloper forums.

This scenario makes it appear as though the MSFS-2020 developers already had their minds made up about what feature sets to include, and what SDK issues to "fix" ...for MSFS-2020 before it was even announced.

Why NOT 'actively communicate' at FSDeveloper forums ?

After all, how many of us still communicate- much less do any "reading along"- ...at AVSIM forums ? :scratchch

Discussing with anybody in the flightsim community about an upcoming flightsim's featureset is a waste of time. Users want typerating-level aircraft, detail down to individual tree leaves and backward compatibility for stone-age add-ons, developers want an exporter for a stone age modeling tool, documentation for every line of code and backward compatibility for add-ons they made in the stone age. End of story. And it's not hard to gather that by reading along.
Actively commenting would only be perceived as an indication for a commitment or promise with the consequential disappointment if expectations were not met.

Dovetail meant well by involving the community in FSW's development, but we all know how the story turned out.

Let them work in silence. If not wasting time with community interaction means a few less bugs in the final release, I'm all for it.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Ok what did I miss? The DRR is already delayed. Where is preview episode 2 3 and 4? This drip drip drip of info is getting annoying. Hey Microsoft get off my lawn! I mean my procedural grass! Must have my cranky pants on today. Two weeks to next update. Hope more than 40 words. :confused:
We should see the actual full "Episode 1" on the next update, along with a Preview of "Episode 2".

I just take things as the come, as my hyperventilating about it is pointless; it just makes me dizzy(er) ... :rotfl:

Country
argentina

Look at Star Citizen development model... if they don't publish how much toilet paper they use Weekly, the community draw the pitchforks and torchs immediately.
We DEMAND to know hoy many polys are in those blades of grass... or how many meters of toilet paper they're using at least.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Another article from fselite:

https://fselite.net/originals/an-ov...tails-for-the-new-microsoft-flight-simulator/

microsoft_flight_simulator_fs2020_pre-alpha-14-1600x861.jpg

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I stopped chewing while watching and reading all the new info – now I have a mouthful of soggy hulls. I expect there will be many naysayers still to come, but I can see much to interest me and anticipate Roy and co. getting very excited at the new flight model.

Country
us-arizona
One thing that I love besides the tons of detail and high realism planes, is..... smoooth frames.

One reason FSX didnt take for me, it wouldnt run on my computer. :( It didnt run on anyones computers. It was to hard. This looks like its flowing very smoothly. I hope and pray that is the case.

I still do not have a WIndows 10 machine. I wish they could run it on Windows 7. That is my own wish for it.

Country
canada
Ok, Microsoft, scale it back! Too much realism!! Rainbows! CAD models from the manufacturer. Geeez. :p

Hmmm, Where am I going to put those 20,000 DVDs?

Sitting here soaking wet. Seems the drip drip has sprung a leak. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.