• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
us-ohio
I suspect they only selected those they liked and those they felt would give THEM the "biggest bang for their buck"... in other words, only people who work for a couple of addon developement sheds and maybe a few YouTube/podcast/reporter types. After all this is the very first round of alpha, and everything they've done thus far is to build a very specific impression to be presented to the public. I would go so far as to state that most of us developers are absolutely not of interest to them at this point. MilViz and PMDG are the aircraft developers from this side of the pond I expect they're interacting with.

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Recently I managed to view the HD version of the videos.
EXPECTATIONS - Personal -
<snip.>
Autogen Vegetation -
Speedtree.
I was wrong there.
Australia-March-Build -
Terrain LOD'ing -
Nearby view - 'Digital Surface Model' covered by autogen.
Distant view - POSSIBLY 'Digital Terrain Model' for canopy cover.
Looks like the trees are volumetric, (rather than xyz planes).

Clouds_Barcelone -
Model/texture artifacting displaying at cloud edge overlaps.
Possibly a cloud impostor model is missing its texture, (at one-o-clock).
As they're volumetric, it's not an impostor.
However that pic/scene also appears in the latest video,
Global Preview Event, Episode 2 (WEATHER), (@ 8:50 minutes)
and the pronounced ring is more obvious.
? Atmospheric effect ?

MS/Asobo - If you're watching - Some Trivia -
One of your videos shows Chicago from the lake.
There are several vessels in view,
one of which is an LNG bulk carrier, (MOSS type, i.e. spherical tanks).
She looks larger than SeawayMax, (23.8m beam).
LNG bulk carriers normally ply inter-continental routes, between terminals.
AFAIK there are zero LNG marine terminals on the Great Lakes.
LNG powered ships, possibly, LNG bulk carriers, no.

re: Beta testing -
Good luck to all those accepted to participate.
Have fun.

Just wish I had a capable PC to join in.

HTH
ATB
Paul

Country
argentina
November 7th, 2019 – Development Update
Hey, still workin on stuff, gonna be a bit, just sit tight.”

We have a number of exciting deliverables planned for November so let’s get right to the updates!

TECH ALPHA 1
For those of you that were selected to participate in testing Tech Alpha 1, a quick reminder that you should expect all updates related to Tech Alpha will be sent via email. Expect the next email update on 11.10.

BUILD PROGRAM

TECH ALPHA 2 RECRUITMENT IS NOW OPEN!
  • If you’re interested in registering for a chance to participate, please go here
  • If you registered for Tech Alpha 1, we’ve automatically registered you for Tech Alpha 2.
  • We expect to provide an update on the timeline for Tech Alpha 2 in the next few weeks.

FEATURE DISCOVERY SERIES

We are excited to announce the official release dates for Episodes 3 and 4!
  • 11.21 – Episode 3 (Aerodynamics) release
  • 11.28 – Episode 4 (Cockpits) release

SOMETHING EXCITING IS COMING…
The team is excited to announce we will be attending the upcoming X019 in London November 14th – 16th. For more information regarding the event – https://www.xbox.com/en-US/x019

MEDIA UPDATE

We’ve posted some new screenshots, head into the Insider Area to check them out!

Lots of exciting things ahead, some much closer than you think.
Next update – 11.14!

Sincerely,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The inflatornary use of "exciting" makes this newsletter decidedly unexciting...so basically a non-newsletter.

Country
us-florida
I don't know but to me it seems that MS has hit a snag.. they seem delayed on updates and sending the alpha to those who are part of it.

Its a bit too positive to believe this sim will be out early 2020, or even mid 2020. The hype it has created in the community and the excitement is I think good because it looks promising, but the time frame for this to be out for the consuming public its a bit optimistic.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
According to the last email I received, the next reporting date for the Tech Alpha is 11/18.

Last edited:

nickw

Administrator
Staff member
Country
ireland
I am beginning to think that my Video card upgrade last year isn't going to be enough :p

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Uuuh, that was done on X-Box. I don't have X-Box. I wasn't planning on buying one either.
No it was not! They were using the PC version there along with the new Honeycomb yoke and switch controls.

They will not even begin porting for X-Box until after the PC is polished and released.

Country
us-florida
Methinks this is a late 2020 release... or for certain an early 2021...

Its still in alpha and hasn't even be sent to test to a selected audience. Lets put the brakes on the internment release euphoria.

Country
canada
Nope. Not going to buy this simulator until they fix the fingerprints and scratches in the side windows and canopy! Geez.:p

Country
indonesia
I just see almost all video in single aircraft and formation, I did see any other air traffics, ATC chats, failure/crash.
if it compare to FSX it still long way to go, in general:
1. earth :pushpin:
2. Airport :pushpin:
3. Seasoning ???
4. weather :pushpin:
5. environment effect :pushpin:
6. aerodynamic :pushpin:
7. prop aircraft :pushpin:
8. Jet aircraft :pushpin:
9. Chopper ???
10. Glider ???
11. Seaplane :pushpin: (edited)
12. steam and glass gauge :pushpin:
13. sound :pushpin:
14. ATC ???
15. Air traffics ???
16. Failure/crash + effect ???
17. Sea Traffic ???
18. living world :pushpin:
19. ATC Controller Cabin ???

FSX modul add on for realism:
1. airport :pushpin:
2. Cities :pushpin:
3. fire and bombing (Tackpack) ???
4. Air refueling ???
5. STVOL ???
6. Ground service support + airport traffics ???
7. environment effect :pushpin:

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I just see almost all video in single aircraft and formation, I did see any other air traffics, ATC chats, failure/crash.
if it compare to FSX it still long way to go, in general:

11. Seaplane :pushpin:
The Icon A5 is a "seaplane" so put a pin in that one too! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.