• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Excludes and flattens

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi
Looking for some advice as I'm completely stumped.
I'm trying to flatten and exclude the airport and area around my first airport update but i'm having a real hard time with it.
I'm not sure if it's an Sbuilderx issue or me,or possibly both.
I'm running sbuilderx3.14 64bit version and trying to update an airport in P3d v3.2.

My runway sits at the correct altitude, real world elevation of 22 ft which was set within ADE, but when I run the sim my runway sits above the sat image and surrounding area .
I tried creating an exclude airport boundary area and set that for the same height as the runway which did not work at all, as the surrounding water had buildings and trees in it ,but this maybe due to

no watermask added yet?
I've tried to add an airport flatten first instead of an airport boundary exclude, but all this has done is push everything below ground level.
I am completely stumped .
Could someone possibly explain what order is the best way to go regard excludes and flattening etc .
I should probably add that I'm using ftx global and ftx vector and LC and the airport is in europe so Should I run the vector configurator before trying the airport .

The only other thing I have noticed that in SbuilderX my cvx bgl file of the polygon exclude is found in the shapes folder and not the work folder, as I've seen on some youtube videos is this correct?

Thank for any advice you can give.

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

If you would please attach a screen capture from FS, of the scenario you describe above, to a posted reply in this thread, we could better assist in troubleshooting. ;)

Generally speaking, be sure the airport has a airport background flatten set at the desired real world Altitude / elevation you want the airport to be displayed at in FS.

Then be certain the airport properties for Airport Reference Point (aka "ARP") and any RWYs / Taxiways ...are all at the same Altitude / elevation as your airport background flatten polygon.

Hope this helps sort out the initial development process for your airport ! :)

GaryGB