Excluding Navaids

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
This seems to be a real shortcoming. We can exclude all sorts of things so that we can replace stock airport data, objects, land class and so on. however there is no mechanism to exclude the naviads that are in the default files. Thus we are stuck in the time frame when the stock data was compiled and cannot update to the current situation when ILS are changed or other naviads are de-commissioned

I agree with you there, Jon.

If only Flight Simulator had a built in check for navaid updates, based on the Navigraph - AIRAC system.

This seems to be a real shortcoming. We can exclude all sorts of things so that we can replace stock airport data, objects, land class and so on. however there is no mechanism to exclude the naviads that are in the default files. Thus we are stuck in the time frame when the stock data was compiled and cannot update to the current situation when ILS are changed or other naviads are de-commissioned
Does that also mean a misplaced ILS can' t be replaced? To be more precise: I' m pretty sure that the ILS centerline of LIMJ - Genoa Sestri is located some 50 to 60 meters too far to the south.

I' m aware of the fact that LIMJ has an offset ILS approach.

The RWY-centerline is at 284° whereas the glideslope-centerline is at 287°

I think that the localizer has to be placed further up to the north so that the 107° radial will intercept the RWY-centerline somewhere at the RWY 29 threshold.

Unfortunately I' m still a bloody beginner with FSX and still not really a FS-developer. So - at least for now - I can' t solve the problem myself. Or, according to what was posted before, is it impossible to adjust the ILS?

Regards from Bavaria

HF

Last edited: