• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Excluding P3D Default generic buidlings

Hey,
With P3D V4 , LM introduced improved default scenery for Israel. That contains some generic buildings in the location of real world buildings. There is a custom scenery for almost entire Israel and the generic buildings are appearing in locations of custom ones. I tried to following file with no success to exclude them:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData
     version="9.0"
     xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
     xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >

<ExclusionRectangle
      latitudeMinimum = "29.369535"
      latitudeMaximum = "33.173695"
      longitudeMinimum = "34.973602"
      longitudeMaximum = "34.995602"
      excludeAllObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeBeaconObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeEffectObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeGenericBuildingObjects = "TRUE"
      excludeLibraryObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeTaxiwaySignObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeTriggerObjects = "FALSE"
      excludeWindsockObjects = "FALSE"/>

</FSData>

Any help?

Country
norway
I think you only need the line with the "True" statement. Here some stuff I have used for my bridges with sucess for years:

<ExclusionRectangle
latitudeMinimum = "60.4721707"
latitudeMaximum = "60.4850024"
longitudeMinimum = "06.8212925"
longitudeMaximum = "06.8387986"
excludeLibraryObjects = "TRUE"
/>

</FSData>

Country
france
Do you really want to exclude a rectangle 420 km x 2km ?
I guess longitudeMinimum is wrong

Do you really want to exclude a rectangle 420 km x 2km ?
I guess longitudeMinimum is wrong

I tried to exclude to whole country, actualy. Here is a smaller rectangle, inside Tel Aviv(I tried to exclude everything to see if there is any impact at all):
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FSData
version="9.0"
xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >

<ExclusionRectangle
latitudeMaximum = "32.082792728063225"
latitudeMinimum = "32.047224385416065"
longitudeMaximum = "34.77679252624512"
longitudeMinimum = "34.77129936218262"

excludeAllObjects = "TRUE"
/>

</FSData>

Country
france
Well I tried a 100x100 km square centered Tel Aviv, all is excluded (except antogen of course)

<ExclusionRectangle
latitudeMinimum=" 31.3600557"
latitudeMaximum=" 32.3268525"
longitudeMinimum=" 34.3797573"
longitudeMaximum=" 35.5997655"
excludeAllObjects="FALSE"
excludeBeaconObjects="TRUE"
excludeEffectObjects="TRUE"
excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects="TRUE"
excludeGenericBuildingObjects="TRUE"
excludeLibraryObjects="TRUE"
excludeTaxiwaySignObjects="TRUE"
excludeTriggerObjects="TRUE"
excludeWindsockObjects="TRUE" />

Well I tried a 100x100 km square centered Tel Aviv, all is excluded (except antogen of course)

<ExclusionRectangle

Thanks! it seems like my own fault and those building are library building that somehow looks like generic buildings. Only library object exclude made them dissapeare. They appeare when scenery complexity is above "Dense". How can I remove those buildings without removing other library buildings?

HolgerSandmann

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi there,

in \Scenery\ASIA\scenery are files named "Jerusa.bgl" and "telaviv.bgl"; perhaps deactivating those would achieve what you're interested in?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

in \Scenery\ASIA\scenery are files named "Jerusa.bgl" and "telaviv.bgl"; perhaps deactivating those would achieve what you're interested in?

Cheers, Holger
Yep, I tried those. telaviv.bgl file removes custom modeled buildings which modeled by microsoft back in 2005. It doesnt removes the generic ones..

OK, ALain file works, I had to lower its priority below existing sceneries. I tried to create another file but it wont work. I think I am getting the coordinates data wrong. How can I determine whats to minimun and whats the max? Sometimes I get error that min should be less than max even that the minimum numbers are indeed lower that the maximum...

Country
france
Never had this kind of error except when coordinates were actually wrong. Double check !!

Country
unitedstates

<ExclusionRectangle

So when I create something like this, where do I put it? Just in the "Scenery" sub-folder for a given add-on scenery?

Country
france
I don't understand. You need this kind of code if you are designing an addon scenery. So it is part of your addon ...

Country
unitedstates
I don't understand. You need this kind of code if you are designing an addon scenery. So it is part of your addon ...

Oh… I misunderstood. I downloaded freeware scenery that shows up, but the default buildings are still there. I was searching various forums to try to add some sort of exclusion command to block the default stuff and leave the custom scenery intact.

Country
france
It should be part of your addon scenery. If not, add it.
If this doesn't work, that's another issue