• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Exclusion Poly to clear trees and airport back ground.

Ok that seem to work but now i have roads and farms on the airport property. How do i clear every thing to just grass?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK There is no way to change the tag to vegetation.
Yes there is I think you set the properties in the Vegetation section

1610604939700.png

I did that and still have farms and roads.

Attachments

• Farms and roads.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    191.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    188.1 KB · Views: 12

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
That is the underlying photo scenery layer. Even when you removed all objects etc that still stays/ I am not sure there is any way to actually remove that and get a blank surface.

Is this the trick to also eliminate a terminal (default) building with purpose to be replaced with a new building further on?

Add a poly, OK, the idea is to define the poly form an size with the aircraft viewbar by starting MSFS in dev mode and "walk around the corners? I have seen that the circle is viewable in ADE 13, OK so I will try, but instead of Vegetation I chose asfalt?

I dont succed to save the poly i.e. it is there but when saving it disappear: the manual at this point (help online) dont have the same view...

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Skärmklipp2.JPG
    Skärmklipp2.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Skärmklipp1.JPG
    Skärmklipp1.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK Your third screenshot shows the terrain polgon settings for old versions of ADE - it has no meaning in ADE 2020. When you create the scenery polygon use the Exclude attributes to remove buildings.

1610714641058.png

If the poly is not visible after you create it then please check that it is set to View in the view menu. However I see a possible bug in that menu. So the option to set the view status of scenery polys may have gone missing

Simply perfect- thanks! Building gone just like that... now is the trick to get a terminal building inserted which I intend to try to take from FSX...I have the (scenery) .bgl and .dds (texture) files for this airport, I heard about a export proceedure, or do you have a better solution. If it isnt possible I have to go via Blender and build something but that is a demanding project...lets see.

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.JPG
    Skärmklipp.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 8

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I am not aware of what that might be - certainly not in the tools currently created for ADE AFAIK

thats my problem, i have a road with traffic in the middle of my airport. Thanks Jon for the Info. on the underlying map.

1) how can I edit the yellow taxi line i.e. I am not able to get hold of them?
2) the blue lamp lights next to taxiways etc- some of them are visible- some others not? Why?

Firthermore there dont seems to be possible to export/edit the dds- file format from FSX for buildings so probably I will need to go via Blender.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
1. if these are taxi markings then you need to edit whether they appear or not via the Property Grid. For example Left Edge or Right Edge

1610875212632.png

I think there are issues with taxi way lights