FS2004 Export 3D object error from Gmax

Hi,
I want to export my terminal building (Fs2004 gamepack) . I chose some parts of terminal to export but I got error message :
Code:
Running model

Start! (G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka)
Loading X G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka...
Processing...
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Too many parts
Model units are 1.00 units/meter
Sorting by Material...
Optimize Parts...
Welding...
Generate BGL...
Done!
Generate crash tree 1 (696 bytes)
 Assembling: G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka.azm
G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka_0.asm(53) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_start_baka
G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka_0.asm(68) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_end_baka
G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka_0.asm(73) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_start_baka
G:\VVNB project\scenery\baka_0.asm(88) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_end_baka
Error!
Even I just selected a little objects (5 boxes) and exported but error too
:confused:
Should I group some parts and export again ?

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

The last part of the error about texture duplication can be caused by assigning textures to the wrong slot. Did you assign other textures than the diffuse?

Hi Arno,
Thanks a lot, you right, i fixed the textures for mapping correctly and exported completely .
But i have a new problem . My 3D object (terminal) is placed on the ground (I created ground polygons before) with exact coordinate . Then I export the terminal to .mdl and .xml files (using fs2004 gamepack), edit the coordinate in .xml file . After that, recompiled the .mdl file to .bgl by using fssdk bglcomp.exe .
But when i start fs, my terminal is stayed at center of the scenery (coordinate zero on gmax) :confused:
What's wrong ??? please help me
Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Objects are always exported with the zero coordinate of gmax as origin. In the XML file you specify the latitude and longitude of this point. Is that what you did?

Hi,

Objects are always exported with the zero coordinate of gmax as origin. In the XML file you specify the latitude and longitude of this point. Is that what you did?
Hi Arno,
Please watch my attachment . The object is a terminal, I exported it with fs2k4 makemdl.exe gamepack and i got .mdl and .xml file . After that I edited the coordinate from default lat="47 25.89" lon="-122 18.43" to my recent position lat="N21* 13.2608'" lon="E105* 48.4385'" then ran the bglcomp.exe (Dos prompt) to compile the .mdl and new .xml file into .bgl file
I found another solution with 3d objects exporting by using fs2k2 makemdl.exe, with it I can add the coordinate directly (same as Ground polygon)
Any idea ?

Regards

Attachments

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'll take a look when I am back home behind my FS computer. I am currently in Greece.