P3D v4 Export form Gmax to .mdl problem

Hello all.
Second question today... I've already seen SDK Installation wiki. Is there a way of succesfully exporting models from Gmax to .mdl and then putting them into P3D v4.5 using MCX without purchased FSX Gold/Acceleration? I have P3Dv4 SDK installed. I am using Gmax with fsx gamepack. When I try to export something Gmax says "failed to find fsx sdk installation path". I've looked it up on internet and realized, that I am probably gonna need FSX SDK. Is there a way to get FSX SDK?

Thanks,

Patrik P.

EDIT: I found a thread with a link to P3D 1.4 SDK. I heard that it can be used as FSX SDK. Will it work?

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

If FSX SDK is unavailable, you can only use the P3D SDK v1.4. Any of the later versions of P3D SDKs will not, that is do to compatibility.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Unfortunately, the gamepack for GMax is not compatible to P3D SDK v1.4. It was written for the FSX SDK ONLY. I'm not sure if it is even possible to rewrite the gamepack to use with GMax.

The only alternative is to use Blender with the P3D SDK v1.4 for FSX along with the blender2fsxp3d toolset.

Unfortunately, the gamepack for GMax is not compatible to P3D SDK v1.4. It was written for the FSX SDK ONLY. I'm not sure if it is even possible to rewrite the gamepack to use with GMax.

The only alternative is to use Blender with the P3D SDK v1.4 for FSX along with the blender2fsxp3d toolset.
Thank you for your help!