• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Exterior Engine Sound Stops intermittently going from Interior to Exterior views

Country
us-arizona
Hey all,
Just a couple of days ago, my exterior engine sounds, which run on classic Legacy soundpack, stopped working on exterior view, but intermittently. You cycle through interior to exterior several times and sometimes it plays and sometimes it doesnt. This runs parrallel with the SoundXML with PCK, a stock Asobo PCK which I am using for clicks and sound effects only. The SoundXML has the 'engine' sound section deleted, so that only my Legacy version works with engine sounds. For some reason, it was running fine and now it is not.

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening?

For those that say you cannot run both Legacy and modern Asobo SoundXML systems, you are wrong, as my Bucker is evidence you can, and the Skylark I am building now also 'did' run it perfectly. But I broke it somehow.

Any idea's? I would be so grateful.

I have the entire engine section in the SoundXML deleted, not just parts. I am using the Asobo VL3 PCK sound system.

Bill
LHC

Country
us-arizona
Well, I got it working, but had to go with a different base Asobo PCK file. The VL3 developed problems, and in backtracking and starting fresh, testing with the Savage soundpack, then adding back my own sound settings to the SoundXML, I got it to work fine. Running Sound XML and CFG sets in parallel again without intermittent sound 'blanking' (if thats a term).

I have a theory. If you exclude/delete the Engine sections (2) in the SoundXML, I think (from what I was finding this evening), that it causes the blanking, but if you leave the section headers for the engine sections in the config, but comment out the engine sound settings, then its fine. Could be only with these two files, not sure.

I wonder why the VL3 wouldnt run parallel but the Savage would?