• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Faces showing different shades with same texture.

Country
bahrain
I am into a project designing hangers, but some walls are giving me such reflections.
I am using the MSFS standard and both the walls are having same properties. While one gets darker and yellowish than other.

Can anyone suggest a fix to this?

1648490209006.png

Country
germany
obj NORMALS problem?, try to realign normals in the 3D obj.
the text is translated from german into english with google.

First of all 1 million thanks for the support

It doesn't seem to be a normal problem. I can model quite well, but have no idea about textures. So many questions (see below, maybe I can find some help here. I've been trying and learning for a year and something is the solution that works, but I can't find it)

i use the same material on two surfaces that are 90 degrees to each other, from above it is displayed correctly and is lighter, on the other surface looking to the side the same material is significantly darker. photos attached.

I also had blender create a completely new standard material, so just new material and nothing changed and the same problem persists. the normal ones are correct. I also have the problem on a completely newly created simple cube.

If you are interested in helping me (I am so grateful, there are supposed to be German hospitals with heliports, the first one is already very far, the pictures here are from the landing field), these would be my further questions:

- Texturing with Asobo Tool in Blender and Standard Blender nodes the difference

- With the Asobo Tool, the textures look really bad and the settings for roughness, gloss, depth, etc. do nothing

- Why are PBR textures from different sources fundamentally different? The download content of the texture parts is different. (with and without metallic, base color no albedo...etc.)

- Which type of texture (roughness, metal, etc.) comes at which node? The different sources result in different file names

- Any tips for best workflow?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Country
argentina
3r picture looks good, different brigntness is caused by lighting, delete the omni light from the scene and set an ambient light to test.
Sorry if these are basic ideas, my knowledge of blender is basic, but it seems like a problem with a basic cause (standard cube + standard material).
Also check vertex and edges normals too.

(no native english speaker, sorry)

Country
germany
yes i saw you are from argentina (congratulations on the world cup, it was fun to see argentina 👍) i am from germany and also only translate with google, but it works fine.

Also on the 3rd picture, the light-dark difference can be clearly seen on the PC in Blender. I already had the idea with the light, I let the light illuminate the dark side directly, but no difference. i will remove it tomorrow.

how do I set an ambient light?

sometimes it's the basics why something doesn't work...😉

Country
germany
Can you post the blend file of your project so I could take a look? Make sure to include the textures when you upload the file.

Country
germany
Can you post the blend file of your project so I could take a look? Make sure to include the textures when you upload the file.
wow, thanks for the help. I'll be happy to do that tomorrow. It's probably something really simple I'm missing

Grüße aus Südniedersachsen 😉

Country
germany
Kein Problem. Schau's mir gerne mal an.
Das ist echt super nett, der Hammer. 1000 Dank.
Anbei ein Zip Archiv. Ist auch egal mit welcher Textur ich das mache, ist immer das gleiche. 3- verschiedene Seiten, 3- verschiedene Farbtöne. Das Licht aus der Scene zu entfernen hat übrigens nichts gebracht

Link ist beides gleich, wusste nicht was fürs Forum besser ist.

Helipad.zip

Country
russia
This is not a normal issue, but a UV issue. You need to flip (mirror) your UVs where the shading is incorrect.