• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

fault finder errors and land class question

P3D4.5
Orbx SoCal

As I develop some facility with ADE, I've been revamping a nominal version of one of my favorite RW airports, Santa Paula CA KSZP. The attached CSV file details the errors found by fault finder tool. I'm not sure what they mean and how to go about rectifying them. I have searched the online help but I couldn't find anything to help me. Can you explain a little more what they mean and what the remedies are?
On the orphan links, what does "This link is not connected to the network." mean? What network? On the unconnected parking errors, to me it looks like the parking spots are connected to the apron links. Should I be using taxi links rather than apron links? I don't understand the difference. The open link error sounds self explanatory but how can I locate or look for PATH[19>39] for example? Is there a way to highlight it so I can look for open links?

The second question is, on the overhead view screenshot, how do I make the terrain under the off airport buildings circled in red look uniform? It looks very weird with the T shaped green grass running thru the surrounding desert texture?

Thanks for the great program and for any help provided.

Best Regards,
Obie

Attachments

• KSZP_ADEP4_WDS_V1.ad4
    37 KB · Views: 82
  • KSZP_1.png
    KSZP_1.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 72
  • KSZP fault finder list.jpg
    KSZP fault finder list.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 67

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
what does "This link is not connected to the network." mean? What network?

The taxi way network. Without checking the code this probably means that the link is not attached to any other links but it is a long time since this code was written

If you click an entry in the faults list then ADE should select the relevant item and center on it

1634996460608.png

In this example it is clear there is no link from the parking spot to other nearby links (network)

1634996666030.png

Thanks Scruffy. With better understanding I cleared the faults one by one. My little airport came out great!