FS2004 Fault Finder

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK - but that is not necessarily a fault since there are plenty of runways at small airfields which don't have a runway link

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Stock. Couple of examples 18FD and EGCW. They are generally small strips without a taxi network but there are a lot of them dotted about. Maybe they should be updated to give them a taxi network.

OK - but that is not necessarily a fault since there are plenty of runways at small airfields which don't have a runway link
Hi, If I left them alone they make no problems, but If I try to change the airport with ADE and I forget to examine the rwy‘s and there is no black line, AI disappeare!

Runway centre lines are used only by Ai aircraft. The designer is the only person who knows whether to allow AI. So he also knows to add a centre-line.

It should not be the job of the fault finder.

BTW. The same applies to hold-short nodes. The fault finder does not check whether any are missing. Nor should it.

Runway centre lines are used only by Ai aircraft. The designer is the only person who knows whether to allow AI. So he also knows to add a centre-line.

It should not be the job of the fault finder.

BTW. The same applies to hold-short nodes. The fault finder does not check whether any are missing. Nor should it.
In prínciple you are right but I often found stock airports with parking spots and taxiways but no black rwy-line! So I thought all is OK and I had troubles with my AI.

In my opinion ADE is a powerful helper for designer of airports and the fault finder is part of ADE. It is right, you can design without AI-traffic, but I think AI-traffic complement airports.
Missing hold-short points you can see (or not) missing black rwy-lines you can't see generally.
In the meantime I know this difficulties and so I forget seldom to inspect the conditiones for a perfect AI-traffic. Except airports in the mountains;)
For beginners it would be better if the fault finder could indicate such missing things. (But I myself now can live without:cool:)