• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Features for CoPilot App and tutorial

Country
unitedstates
I have written an application (at the moment it is focused on airliners, but will work will any plane) that acts as an interactive co-pilot.
It can audibly announce checkpoint items or perform them (as assigned by the pilot) .. it can announce speeds, "rotate" , during take off etc. then remind or do speed, flaps up, gear up (or it can raise the gear, flaps at some alt (2100) or speed

APP can also be run on a 2nd computer and is controlled by a 2nd player.
<< it can do some flight training .. it can let you reshoot landings ,
(has a focus on A320 and B787 training details)
new.. The Director .enhances the control of the camera .. you can map out camera views, angles, cuts, movements, pans etc. for recording flights , can slew the camera or the plane and replay)

SO what features would you suggest for an app like this,

today added go around , landing, ILS coaching. , clean up reminder, recording and replay.​

Add visual scan / look around for clearing before engine start . Now adding MEET UP feature to slew two planes to the same vicinity .. able to send flight data to another online player

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
transfer / communication / data (flag) between planes. Added recommended VS /time calculator for pilot calculation.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
A320 now reading Waypoints, altitudes, distance, ETA, constraints and is displayed in the MCDU .. but about 1/4 times (on the same test flight) the waypoints are incomplete.. Anyone know why? (MCDU also shows incomplete) .. It comes and goes?

update: Have the DIRECT TO working .. to skip the bad waypoints .. the others then get filled in correctly!

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
another day at work at home
ZenMusic20201013_122944788.jpg

Country
unitedstates
picture doesn't show my wife standing right behind me , absorbed in every moment of my flying, and she's always providing drinks, quick snacks and sympathy; whatever I need; hmmmm .. where'd she go?

Country
unitedstates
updated SDK implemented enough more to implement 1st version of Pilot Assist last step will be adding speech recognization if possible , anyone done that with Windows SDK?

to fly a 2nd plane for testing my games do I have to buy another copy of MSFS?

today testing "reshoot" feature ..pilot can re -fly any approach from any point ... with option to change any controls, alt, vs, configuration etc. for each reshoot.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I have speech recognition working , I can call out commands to the copilot , now working on queries.
First version completed .. alpha begins tomorrow

Last edited: