• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Feelthere B737-400 to 400F

Country
us-northcarolina
I want to create a FEDEX B737-400F and I don't have a clue how to use Blender and even if I did, I could not share the mdl file because it is theirs not mine. So...is it possible with the paintkit which I have gotten quite adept at to paint over the windows so that just 2 show as it does in the Freighter version and not all the windows of the mdl? Or not!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I've read your post three or four times and am still unsure what you're on about.

Model modifications? Not feasible and not allowed if you can't obtain permission to publish the result.

Texture modifications? Your patience and available time is the limit.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thank you for the quick reply...I know that model mods are not allowed, I said that (unless they are only for me and never show them or share them). That is why I asked about accomplishing the window blockout with a texture. I have tried a rectangle of white created as a png and pasted into the pdf and then the FEDEX texture pasted over that in a new layer. Just tried it in xxxxxx1t not to waste time if it didn't work which it didn't. Open to other suggested ways to "block out" with a pasteup over the model windows that they don't show through. Again I ask if it is even possible.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yes, you can edit textures and yes, it works by covering the windows with a new layer and then panting the logo and other things over that in a new layer.
And I hope the "png" and "pdf" parts of your post were typos as FSX absolutely does not work with those texture formats.

Country
us-northcarolina
Yes, you can edit textures and yes, it works by covering the windows with a new layer and then panting the logo and other things over that in a new layer.
And I hope the "png" and "pdf" parts of your post were typos as FSX absolutely does not work with those texture formats.
I am using png as a transparent image in photoshop to paste an image on a layer. Yes the pdf was a typo I meant to type psd the Photoshop paintkit format. However, I have tried covering the windows with a new layer. I created a jpg of a white rectangle in Paintshop Pro which I find easier to use and open up in the Paintkit in Photoshop because Feelthere's paintkit doesn't work properly in Paintshop Pro (though other mfrs do) and the model windows are still showing through so there is something that I am missing in defining the layer in the paintkit in Photoshop and would appreciate help please. Thank you for taking the time to teach me. That's why I come here.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Can't help with either PSP or Photoshop.

Why not take the time to learn Photoshop directly?

Country
us-northcarolina
I can use Photoshop enough to get done what I want and need to. It is no where NEAR as user-friendly a program as Corel Paintshop Pro is nor are their other programs compared to their Corel Counterparts. I have been using both for almost 15 years. I have come to the conclusion though that no matter how I paint the texture and I DID do it completely in Photoshop this afternoon that the model windows are going to show through the Feelthere B737-400 paintkit and I have decided not to devote any more flying time to trying. Thank you for your help. I am considering this thread closed and again thank you for taking the time to try and help.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
First, remove the texture files from a texture folder and load that (empty) livery. If the windows are still present, they are cut into the model and cannot be covered with a texture. IF there is a window texture AND that texture used a dark alpha channel, you might be able to make them opaque by making the alpha channel white instead. Then you could change the color to the fuselage color, but they would all be the same color.

Country
us-northcarolina
I will try that tomorrow but i am afraid they may be a part of the model and you are right can't be covered. Thanks for the help.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I have never understood why people make large airliners with cut out windows. Generally they are so small you can't see much through them, and different airlines often use different window patterns which makes the model correct for only a few airlines...

Country
us-northcarolina
Agreed. I used to be a texture modifier to get what I wanted personally but in the past couple of years learned how to use the PSD paintkits. The crazy part is that no two aircraft are the same even from the same manufacturer which really is a challenge.

Country
us-northcarolina
Just took the texture out of the Feelthere B737-400 and as suspected, its all black with all the windows so no modding into a freighter. I also tried using the panel in the default B737 because there is a repaint of FEDEX but it doesn't work either so no freighters from Feelthere EVO Thank you for helping. You saved me wasting a lot more time on something that would never work. I may never get a reply but I am going to go and contact Feelthere and post in THEIR forum to do an update of a 737-400F. Their designer could do the model even with a working cargo door.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
As far as I know, the Feelthere 737 is so old that it's not going to be worked on anymore, except maybe a remaster for P3Dv4+.