FSXA File Formats for DEMs

I have a addon for Google from USGS that shows DEM data. I can see the colored elevation data and there is a way to screen out all but what you want. When I download it the zip has a file in *.ASC format. What can I use to convert it to something I can use for FSX?
Should I just remove this addon?
Thanks
Joe W

I have a addon for Google from USGS that shows DEM data. I can see the colored elevation data and there is a way to screen out all but what you want. When I download it the zip has a file in *.ASC format. What can I use to convert it to something I can use for FSX?
Should I just remove this addon?
Thanks
Joe W
If you want USGS data it is much easier to use the USGS seamless data server and select the NED data then download as GeoTiff, and you should be able to write an inf file for resample . Otherwise you need to convert the ascii in the asc file to binary as a bil file for resample. Geo Mapper will do this but you have to buy a license. I think the freeware MicroDEM program will do this as well as long as you don't need any (or maybe just UTM to geo) reprojection / datum conversions (you shouldn't with the USGS data).

scott s.