• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fixing LIRN RWY

Country
hongkong
Here's a video showing a landing in LIRN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nxwi2PrbE8

Add-on scenery Napulevola LIRN-X v0.2 is freeware from http://www.napulevola.it/.

The runway seems disconnected, judging by the wheels bouncing on the surface and by the lack of tires smoke at touchdown.

After releasing 0.2 not sure if the developer is working on a fix.

I wanted to give it a try and perhaps give my contribution to this very fine addon.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what's cauing the problem and therefore I don't know where to put my hands.

Does anyone have any clues?

I don't want to change anything in the scenery. I just want to fix the runway for my own use. Of course, I will send it to the developer and give freedom to use it in his work, if he wants to. For that, I don't think I should ask permission to the developer, or should I?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
Nic

Country
germany
Normaly there is an AFD under the groundpoly that the was obviously at this scenery.
Maybe he made something wrong in there, so download ADE and take a look. Or he did it via "hardened polys".. then.. cant do anything(-> ask dev) but i dont think that this is the case. (cause there is no reason for that)

Also interessting is the fact that the wheels are bumping but you dont have the dust.

Country
hongkong
Normaly there is an AFD under the groundpoly that the was obviously at this scenery.
Maybe he made something wrong in there, so download ADE and take a look. Or he did it via "hardened polys".. then.. cant do anything(-> ask dev) but i dont think that this is the case. (cause there is no reason for that)

Also interessting is the fact that the wheels are bumping but you dont have the dust.

Thanks for your advices. I will have to look at the files. The probloem is that I am such a novice at working with BGL files that I may not know what I am looking at ... LOL ...

Last edited:
Country
germany
Here's a video showing a landing in LIRN: ( ... ) The runway seems disconnected, judging by the wheels bouncing on the surface and by the lack of tires smoke at touchdown. (... )
Cheers
Nic

Tyre smoke is an effect which comes with the aircraft model itself. Either the effect is implemented or not.
The bouncing wheels are caused by the RWY surface type (Macadam) I guess.
This could easily be changed by selecting a different surface type (e.g. Asphalt).

Country
hongkong
Tyre smoke is an effect which comes with the aircraft model itself. Either the effect is implemented or not.
The bouncing wheels are caused by the RWY surface type (Macadam) I guess.
This could easily be changed by selecting a different surface type (e.g. Asphalt).

Thanks!

The aircraft model in the video is payware from iFly and the tyre smoke shows when landing in other airports.

I will see if I can manage to change the RWY surface to Asphalt.

Cheers
N.

Country
germany
Thanks!

The aircraft model in the video is payware from iFly and the tyre smoke shows when landing in other airports.

That was pretty obvious ... , but I have to admit that I don' t really know if the effect shows on all different surface types.

I will see if I can manage to change the RWY surface to Asphalt.

Cheers
N.

You will manage, I' m sure - it' s easy!

Country
germany
I took a look ...

There realy is an Macadam runways in the AFD file. 100points for hotelfox.

And just because it was easy(changed to asphalt)... see attachment (no guarantee):

Attachments

• LIRN_ADEX_NPV.Bgl
    7.8 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Country
hongkong
I took a look ...

There realy is an Macadam runways in the AFD file. 100points for hotelfox.

And just because it was easy(changed to asphalt)... see attachment (no guarantee):

Hi Max,

Thanks! I tried changing Macadam to Asphalt or even Tarmac. No improvements :(

The problem may be elsewhere!

Cheers
Nic

Country
germany
in between LIRN 1.5 was released.

The bumpy runway problem still exits, but there is a solution.

Claus-Peter (cpsassen), a user of a German flightsim forum (www.forum.flightm.de) provided a replacement file for
LIRN_RwyLights_FS9.bgl and gave me the okay to upload it here...

Attachments

• LIRN_RwyLights_FS9.BGL
    272 bytes · Views: 395
Country
hongkong
in between LIRN 1.5 was released.

The bumpy runway problem still exits, but there is a solution.

Claus-Peter (cpsassen), a user of a German flightsim forum (www.forum.flightm.de) provided a replacement file for
LIRN_RwyLights_FS9.bgl and gave me the okay to upload it here...

Thank you very much, Guenther. However, the issue mentioned in this thread was related to v0.2 for FSX.

And, it appears that the Scenery developer has addressed and fixed the problem with their v0.3 (Here)

Cheers
Nic

Country
germany
LIRN 1.5 for FS9 had a bumpy runway on my pc ...
(Whatever they write on their page ...)

I tested it many times when I searched a way to solve the problem.

The LIRN_Rwy_Lights_FS9.bgl had a surface of "A7", which caused the problem. The replacement has a surface of "FF".

I cannot say anything about FSX ...

regards