• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flat on the ground

Country
panama
Hi...
I am trying to make some Airfield Numbers, signs etc to place on TOP of the tarmac or other surfaces. What is the Hight or Depth they should be??? the ones I have made are Always too Thick and the planes "sink" into them. I need real "thin" objects so they look like "paint" on the tarmac....If you can give me a hand I'll appreciate it since so far I have had no luck...
Thanks guys...

Gera

Country
panama
I do use ADE to make airports, But, I also make "airfields" without it where I need to place the runway numbers as well as other ground markings, this is where I need separate objects made with FSDS.....How are you Jean? long time no see.

Country
ca-quebec
Very well thanks.

For a "tic-tac-to" game in parachute center (in my CSR3 Victoriaville scenery) I used a flat polygon with transparent texture. I putted it some pixels above the ground to avoid flickering.

Country
us-washington
gp in ADE will cover up taxiways, unless you use exact texture of taxiway being used. cna be done and done nicely but much easier, why not make your numbers or letters in your paint program however you wish, then with DXTBMP do the alpha thing, save as dxt1,3,or5. Then in FSDS choose 3 side poly - change to 4. ad trans as material and texture your letters or number you made on it, add it to a library and place it. Fast- easy, and as Pete Rose once said... no runs, no drips, no errors.

I did this with my alameda sceneery (never released cuz friend is scared of stuff. and in my aurora sceneery about to be released. The words ALAMEDA and AURORA are right on a taxiway respectively. Looks great. No flicker. One of the easier things I have done. bob

Country
germany
Change Texture Max Load = 1024 to Texture Max Load = 2048 in the fsx.cfg if it's not done yet

Country
germany
Um I just noticed that I posted my comment in the wrong thread. Must've had too many tabs open. I don't know what this is about, I don't know anything about FSDS or if my comment helps you with your problem. sorry.