• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flat turns? Rudder with Zero Roll

Country
us-arizona
You guys, lolol... The Extra 300 does amazing flat turns.

A thousand thanks, BStolle. Such a relief to find what I need. Makes me feel like climbing up on the desk and dancing! Awesome awesome..

Country
us-arizona
I was so happy to find that last night, I was working on it at 5AM this morning still. Couldnt leave it alone.

The 300 is a very wild handling plane. Felt so good doing a flat turn around the airfield in that lifting body plane. Finally.....! It can do what its supposed to do. Skimming sideways along in the air... (Its not supposed to fly sideways all the time, but thats one of its features).

jx_

Country
unitedstates
zero yaw moment roll rate; plenty of Cn beta weathervane with a healthy dose of beta side force; very stiff roll stability; and zero roll moment yaw rate;

it will turn; but like Roy said, it will be a cartoon not possible outside of the sim.

In the real world you need a force to turn you. Yaw pushes the tail out away from the turn. Nothing about that creates a force that acts on the flight path in any usable amount of time. We normally borrow some wing lift to turn.

Find a force. Maybe a directional thrust nozzle that points 90 degrees to either side. The left pointing one should be programmed to fire on right rudder and vice versa. That would turn you as you yaw with rudder.

Country
us-arizona
Well, I found a work around for pure flat turns, lolol... I setup autopilot for its defaults when you simply turn it on. I have 'wing level' as part of the default 'system on settings' now, and when you do a turn with AP on, no heading or alt set, just AP on, the wing level system in the sim keeps this baby perfectly level, lololol... Love it.