• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flight Sim World - First Impressions

Country
england
....here is another Reshade Preset to try - ( This has replaced the previous file )

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w80k8u1hs8b82ag/FSW1.ini

Reshade vivid.JPG

Reshade vivid2.JPG

enjoy,

Pete.

Country
england
...more screenshots since FSW was last updated ( now featuring Update 13 )

Capture5b.JPG
Capture5d.JPG
Capture5e.JPG
Capturef.JPG
Captureg.JPG
Captureh.JPG
Capturei.JPG
Capturej.JPG

Here is the link for the modified Reshade Preset used in the shots, to take into account the changes made to the PBR lighting and TrueSky Weather engine by the Dovetail Development Team. Whilst the team are doing a great job with the development of FSW, personally I feel that Reshade is still required to give that definitive look we all want.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/co11i88ses6dsir/FSW1.ini

Regards,

Pete.

Country
england
....Ronald many thanks,

Yes there really should be something to get excited about I think. FSW has the potential to just get better and better !

Regards,

Pete.

Capture8.JPG

Country
england
.....for those of you who are enjoying tinkering with the fabulous Reshade tool, my last exhibits on the subject, feature the inclusion of the HDR shader.

If like me, you like flying near to hills and mountains, the HDR shader really does bring out shadowing on the dark faces away from illumination. Obviously it can still be used in all other terrains equally well too.

Capture98.JPG
Capture94.JPG
Capture91.JPG
Capture92.JPG
Capture93.JPG
Capture97.JPG

Here is the link for the download -

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5lsh7bhpr92fyh/FSW1_HDR.ini

Enjoy.

Pete.

PS. Please feel free to adjust the settings for this Reshade Preset, remember it is provided as a starting point for you to play around with.

Ronald

Resource contributor
Awesome tweaking results Pete and thanks for the download link:
Q: What are the hardware specs. of your computer (since i'm pretty sure my computer can't handle FSW currently)

Country
england
..Thanks again Ronald !!

It's shame any tweaking is really needed, ( you have to remember that the look is very much in the eye of the beholder too ) but comparing the 2 images may help you to understand why tweaking is undertaken.

FSW With Reshade - early Springtime.

Capturex3.JPG

FSW Without Reshade - early Springtime

Capturex4.JPG

...at present, ( in my opinion only of course ) the default Shaders make everything look so washed out and rather drab looking, here's hoping that the developers at Dovetail are still going to address this issue before final release.

Best Regards,

Pete.

PS,Ronald my set-up by todays standard is definitely mid-range. I am using Windows 10, with an ageing Core i7 Ivybridge processor @ 4.3 ghz and 16gb of ram. Graphics is provided by a NVidia 1060 gtx 6gb. I have made some changes to the FSW. cfg file but
have to say so far it runs very well on this set up.

Country
unitedkingdom
.....it's all about playing around with it, until it's right for you.

What you will find, is that it is incredibly difficult to get 1 preset to suit all environments, you'll find you will have to strike a balance for the most part and my preset gives you a very good start.

Regards,

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Sorry to bother you. I've just come across this thread and think your preset looks superb. I tried to download it using the links but none of the links seemed to work. Is it still available as I would love to add it to my FSW, if at all possible. Thank you :)

Calum

Country
england
...Calum,

Many thanks for your comments.

I pulled the download links,because I had an updated Shader Preset ready to supersede the existing versions available.

On reflection however, as there appears to be little interest here for this sort of thing ( being primarily a design website ) my presets are no longer available.

Why not have a go your self, here is the Reshade website link -

https://reshade.me

Follow instructions found earlier on in this post, to help install and set up Reshade.

Capture_x30.JPG

Capture_x26.JPG

Capture_x25.JPG

Capture_x28.JPG

Regards,

Pete.

Country
england
.....Katina 12, lets wait and see what difference PBR2.0 brings to FSW.

.....A few more shots of FSW + Reshade, featuring the TEP ( Terra Emergence Project ) Freeware Texture Set.

Capture_xx1.JPG

Capture_xx3.JPG

Capture_xx4.JPG

Regards,

Pete Beeby.

Well thanks for taking the time to post images
As you say might be that pbr 2 will fix the distant view to add sharpness and better color to the sim

Country
england
....Ok, my last on this until the next significant FSW upgrade LOL !!

....shots of FSW + Reshade, featuring the TEP ( Terra Emergence Project ) Freeware Texture Set + Readily available Freeware Mesh ( FSX )

Capture_xx98.JPG

Capture_xx9b.JPG

Capture_xx92.JPG

Capture_xx9e.JPG

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hot dang! Those are some stunningly realistic looking shots, that for sure. They look like the aircraft has been "Photoshopped" onto a real picture.... :stirthepo

Country
england
....Many thanks !!

....A few more shots featuring FSW + Reshade ( Yes Still Tweaking it LOL !! ) this time with some more Photo Imagery -

Capture_bbc.JPG

Capture_bbj.JPG

Capture_bbk.JPG

Capture_bbl.JPG

Capture_bbp.JPG

Regards,

Pete Beeby.

Country
england
.......thanks Ronald !!

Here's another chance to get my latest Reshade Preset - This is the one that I am currently using and is seen in the latest screenshots with FSW and Switzerland Pro ( FSX ).
Please remember, when using Reshade to improve the look of the exterior ground imagery in FSW, it will always have an impact on the rendering of the light and dark inside of the cockpit.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5c1mfjc660n0q75/FSW1.ini

As this Reshade Preset has been especially developed for use with Aerial Imagery, it may help with your own Scenery Packages that use it.

Capture_x992.JPG

Capture_zz99.JPG

Capture_zzz9.JPG

Capture_zzz7.JPG

Attachments

• Capture_zzz5.JPG
    Capture_zzz5.JPG
    793.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited: