• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Flights over International Date Line

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi there,
I've looked for a thread on this but couldn't find anything, so started a new one.
I have a small problem when using AIFP. When I am creating flightplans which involve crossing the International Date Line, there is no problem westbound as AIFP adds the +1 (for next day arrival) to the ETA. However on eastbound flights, where the local arrival time is earlier than the local departure time, AIFP automatically adds +1 to the ETA (even when I don't type it), leading to errors as legs exceed 24hrs in duration. For example, a flight leaves NRT at 21:00 and arrives at HNL at 09:55. I type 09:55, but then once I click out the override ETA box the +1 is added automatically by the programme, even though the ETA box above acknowledges it would arrive on the same day.
If anybody could help so that +1 isn't added automatically that would be great. Hope my explanation is clear.

Many thanks

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I am unable to duplicate.

What time zone do you have checked on the Main Panel? If you want to enter FPs in local time, you must select Local Time .

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I am unable to duplicate. Are you using the latest version of AIFP, i.e. 3.1.22 or one of the subsequent development releases? If not, please turn on automatic updates (Options/Check for Updates at Startup) or download the latest general release from http://stuff4fs.com.

If you are already using the latest release, please send a screenshot of the FP editor showing the issue (so I can see the context). Of you are editing an existing file, it may also be helpful to send me that file and step-by-step instructions to duplicate.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Here I have included the screenshots. I am starting a new FP within an existing file (.bgl attached). First leg works fine (as explained above), then as I type in the return leg, when I type in the 09:55 arrival the +1 is added as soon as I click outside the override ETA box. I can't screenshot the box before the +1 is added, as once I press the button to screenshot it is already automatically added. Then in the 3rd picture you can see the resulting error message. I have included the .bgl file I was using this instance (although this happens on all files on my system with these kinds of flights where they arrive 'earlier' local time than they depart). Obviously there is no problem when I don't use local times to edit the FP, it's just a little annoying I can't use local times.
Many thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    172.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    189.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    232.3 KB · Views: 343
  • Traffic_Hawaiian Airlines.bgl
    439.7 KB · Views: 349

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks. I am now able to duplicate part of your issue, that is, AIFP does mistakenly add +1 when you override the system-calculated ETA. But, as far as I can tell, the system-calculated value is correct - contrary to your initial statement:
However on eastbound flights, where the local arrival time is earlier than the local departure time, AIFP automatically adds +1 to the ETA (even when I don't type it)
You have not confirmed that you are using the latest release. There have been such problems in earlier releases. Perhaps that's what you are seeing?

There is one other possible explanation. There was an issue with the FP editor (nothing to do with your reported issue) in 3.1.22 which was fixed in a development release. It's possible the fix for that issue inadvertently resolved the problem I am unable to duplicate. To test that theory, please download the latest development release from http://stuff4fs.com (navigate to AIFP page and click the Development Release menu item), install it and retest.

In any case, I will fix the ETA override issue for the next release. As well, I notice that the day-of-week checkboxes are not updated on Add New Leg following a day+1 arrival. That too will be fixed.

Don

Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry, forgot to say, I am using the latest version of AIFP3.1.22.
Yes, the system-calculated ETA was always fine, I was just trying to add arrival times as per real airline schedules.
I tried the development version and still had the same problem, but if you're able to fix it in the next release, that'll be great. Thanks!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Please download and install Development release 3.1.22(k) (just posted) and confirm no further issues.

Don

connomar

Resource contributor
Country
us-minnesota
Hi Don, I am entering real world flights from Cargolux which cross the date line. Flights from Asia to North America are affected since they arrive before they have left so to speak.

I have a flight from Hong Kong to Anchorage which departs at 16:34 on a Sunday which is 00:24 in Anchorage. Adding the AI Flight Planner est time of 9hrs 15 Min (Real time was 9:30) one gets an arrival time of 0949 on Sunday. The aircraft then takes off for Columbus Ohio at 1118, thus before it took off from Hong Kong as far as AI Planner is concerned.

AI Planner then rearranges the flights in chronological order. Is there any way around this? I am using version 3.2.15.

Many thanks
Martin

Attachments

• Step 1.jpg
    Step 1.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Step 2.jpg
    Step 2.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Step 3.jpg
    Step 3.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 128

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
thus before it took off from Hong Kong as far as AI Planner is concerned.
Not so. AIFP maintains (internally), and does it's calculations based on, UTC time. I suspect if you switch out of Local Time mode, the apparent confusion in the timetable display will be resolved.

To answer your specific question, I expect to release in the near future a version of AIFP that allows sorting by any column, but that's unlikely to be of any help in this case..

Don