• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Fokker 100

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Any news on this? (The Fokker 70/100 is my favorite aircraft :) )

Country
us-arizona
Slowly getting there.

40983945r.jpg

Country
germany
I still keep wondering about the price of DA rights and source

I was never involved in the project but I know for sure that Flight1 didn't buy the source code (Flight1 CEO Steve Halpern contacted me last week and asked if I have it). I tried to contact Florian Praxmarer (who owns the source code and seems to be the only one who has it) but didn't get a response yet.

The information given on the previous page about Flight1 not allowing anything to be done with the Fokker source VC model, is also 100% wrong.

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Hearing it from the man himself is great! Like I said: 'from what I could find, they aren't allowing it' is all I know. I don't have insider info, so I stated what I found. (be it a long while back)

Country
us-arizona
I was never involved in the project but I know for sure that Flight1 didn't buy the source code (Flight1 CEO Steve Halpern contacted me last week and asked if I have it). I tried to contact Florian Praxmarer (who owns the source code and seems to be the only one who has it) but didn't get a response yet.

The information given on the previous page about Flight1 not allowing anything to be done with the Fokker source VC model, is also 100% wrong.

The gauge work in that Fokker was incredible....

Country
us-ohio
Damn, this is looking really awesome! The quality of your modeling is just superb! I must ask, as another developer (You've probably seen my MD-80 project), how much does modeling something to the level of detail you're doing affect performance? Your models just look like I can reach out and touch them, the quality is life-like..

Country
mexico
CSR: Lionheart Creations, Customer Service, my Name is Lazaro, how may I help you?
Bonehead: Yes, I have a problem with this Fokker, it doesn't seem to turn on. All the screens are black.
CSR: Sir, did your try the recommended start-up procedure?
Bonehead: No I just got this plane. This is stupid. It doesn't work! I already tried CTRL+E. It doesn't respond!
CSR: Sir, this plane is a complex simulation of the real aircraft. I recommend you try the RTFM procedure.
Bonehead: What is the RTFM procedure?
CSR: Read the f*cking manual....
Bonhead: What did you just say?!
CSR: I said: Read the Fokker manual!

***bonehead hangs up***

That was incredible!!! You made my day Sr. :D :D :D
Cheers,
Sergio.

Country
us-arizona
Damn, this is looking really awesome! The quality of your modeling is just superb! I must ask, as another developer (You've probably seen my MD-80 project), how much does modeling something to the level of detail you're doing affect performance? Your models just look like I can reach out and touch them, the quality is life-like..

Hello P3D_MD88,

I'll know when I its running in the sim. Putting textures on it will make a difference. I find that mesh complexity doesnt effect frame rates. Its handling of textures that really make a difference.

Country
us-ohio
Hello P3D_MD88,

I'll know when I its running in the sim. Putting textures on it will make a difference. I find that mesh complexity doesnt effect frame rates. Its handling of textures that really make a difference.
Interesting.. Makes me wonder - Why haven't high poly models been a thing for a longer time? Are people just more willing to put in the time to make them now that there's that expectation?

Country
us-arizona
Interesting.. Makes me wonder - Why haven't high poly models been a thing for a longer time? Are people just more willing to put in the time to make them now that there's that expectation?

I have no idea. Everyone has their own modelling techniques and some remember the days of FS2004 when large models couldnt be done. Also the stock Max SDK was very limited on model size. The new P3D SDK allows you to export models over 1/2 million polys/tris. Perhaps not everyone is using the P3D SDK. That might explain it. Also usually the game world uses low poly models. That is normally a standard. However if you look at the models (screenshots if you do not have it) you see in Aerofly FSII, their models are far more smoother then mine. Their knobs and things in the VC are absolutely perfect, like actual parts molded in plastic, rather then notchy polygon parts. Aerofly is paving the way, I think, in modelling and simulations. Photo real environments with perfectly tuned sunlights and incredible reflections, 3D clouds. This sim is brilliant..

30t03535.JPG
aerofly_fs_screenshot_09_20160604-220438.jpg
aerofly_fs_screenshot_04_20160615-010611.jpg

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany

The more polys an object has, the harder it is to edit afterward.

Country
newzealand
Perhaps all of us developers need to amend our list of "Minimum Requirements" for our releases...

• 3 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 8 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 8 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
  • Ability to read and understand what was read
  • Ability to translate written instructions into correct actions
Classic!! Especially liked points 5 and 6:stirthepo Seriously though, I think a lot of people love the "deep" systems. PMDG and Co have good sales records BECAUSE of their systems. However, it is up to the developer as to how much (or little) they do. I love the Fokker 100 as I fly on it every 3 weeks for work (Air Niugini still operate a few of these and the 70). I have only just found this thread (obviously) and would love a deep systems aircraft BUT will take whatever I can get.

Country
newzealand

Hi Hans,
Did you ever manage to contact Florian?

Country
us-arizona
I had had some very serious bad things happening that was keeping me from getting work done on the F100, sadly. I put it aside for a while till I could get back to it. The side window wasnt working out on angles, its a very sophisticated shape. Also the interior cockpit was EXTREMELY DIFFICULT and so I havent finished that either. It is not an easy cabin to make. It is very sophisticated with different angles. It is the hardest thing I have ever modelled, and I didnt even get to the switches yet.

Someone is doing McDonald Douglas (similar plane) and their sliding window is absolutely brilliant. I am envious of it...

Country
us-arizona
These are screenshots. I dont think I ever posted any on the knobs and things. I went high detail on every single knob, panel part, gauge face, etc. I didnt get to the overhead panel and started on the center panel. So much left to do. A LOT OF WORK.... Mesmerizing.

dgwrgwr.jpg

o84t938rr.JPG

That roof is so dang difficult.

regwr.jpg

terto39ijr3.jpg