• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 P3D / MSFS Fokker 130

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Completely redoing the wings and flaps, I didn't like the way they were before.
Hopefully I can also make somewhat accurate animations :p

4a38985bbcffae3ab5e5ffb738c93cad.png

Country
us-illinois
Nice modeling Osian! I like that you were able to capture all of the contours around the cockpit windows and blend it nicely into the plane’s body.

Country
mexico
Damn!!! It looks very nice; well done my friend. Every single update is getting better and better!

Those fluid lines must've been a real pain in the butt to model...

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Damn!!! It looks very nice; well done my friend. Every single update is getting better and better!

Those fluid lines must've been a real pain in the butt to model...
Well once you've got one line you can copy and paste and modify a bit and it becomes quite easy :)

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
For the people wondering if the project is dead.
Well it isn't, I just haven't been able to find the motivation to work on any model.
The Fokker is particularly bad because I just have the hardest time modeling the small details and flaps etc...
Not being able to get the result you want can be really de-motivating.

On top of that, I have also been in various other teams making planes but all of the teams fell apart before anything was released.
It is again very de-motivating to put your time into things when some time later it has no use anymore.

Now I have been thinking of slowly picking the Fokker back up, but it might be going very slowly as I am the only modeler on this project and finding people with Blender skills to help with modeling is very difficult. ( especially when it is freeware)

Just a little update......

Ronald

Resource contributor
Hello Osian, great to hear from you(r project) again.

The Fokker is particularly bad because I just have the hardest time modeling the small details and flaps etc... Not being able to get the result you want can be really de-motivating.
Noted. Now what do you need to bring this project to a good and complete end? How about a nice picture of your completed F130 project?
Eham_polderbaan_Fokker_100.JPG

On top of that, I have also been in various other teams making planes but all of the teams fell apart before anything was released.
A nice hint to complete your own plane/ project first, (in order to achieve the neccesary Blender skills) before helping others help to complete their project(s).

It is again very de-motivating to put your time into things when some time later it has no use anymore.
yes it has, since you gained (new) experience along the way, which will always be valuable in the future.

Now I have been thinking of slowly picking the Fokker back up, but it might be going very slowly as I am the only modeler on this project
Do (over)think (to much), just go go go and finish that Fokker 130 like you envisioned it already.

...and finding people with Blender skills to help with modeling is very difficult. ( especially when it is freeware)
Q1: What kind of (modeling? texturing? animation?) challenges are holding you back right now?
Q2: What kind / type of Blender knowledge to you need? (right now)

Here you alreadyhave 2 very useful (external) Blender resources (which i'm using to increase my own Blender skills) :
- https://blender.stackexchange.com/ - (dedicated) Blender Questions and Answer community
- https://blenderartists.org/ - the best Blender related blog on the web (on all aspects of Blender)

Just (dare to) ask and you will receive.. since there are enough very skilled Blender artists present here. Keep those new screenshot coming!

Osian

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I have just graduated school and am officially finished with it, so I'll have a lot less stress and other than my job have a lot more time on my hand.
I am going to pick this back up but it will take some time for me to get back into it.

Hope to post some updates soon !

And thanks Ronald for making me look at it a little differently :)

Country
austria
I like your F130 very much! She looks so smooth and elegant!
I'm looking forward to see some new posts!

And Congratulations!