Fokker T.5 bomber for FSX

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Thanks Joseph!

Thanks to Felix I was able today, to finally get my cowl flaps animated correctly. There they are. The main and tail wheel are also animated, though retraction is a little buggy. I think this is because of my stupid armature set-up.
Toolset works good! There is a little glass problem still, you remember guys...? :p

Nice work! :) As I wrote in the other thread: The 22 bone limit also applies per object. So when you hit the limit, simply separate the remaining vertex groups into a new object.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
@Felix: right, didn't think of that but I decided to put all excess bones into a new armature/object. Works fine :)

Huub Vink weathered the textures for me, he did a wonderful job. I'm now working op spec maps and I'll be starting bump maps too.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Working on spec maps and bump maps, and I'm happy to conclude that I didn't unlearn bumping. First one looks fine immediately! The fuselage of the T.5 is different from that of the D.21, so light will be distributed on a different way. That's one of the reasons of my 'peculiar' flight attitude in this shot. Oh, and the tailwheel has a little technical malfunction.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Thanks guys!

Something else: have you ever tried exporting a 'Skinned Mesh' without selecting the appropriate armature (export selected)? I sometimes have, and I get a fairly interesting result. The mesh will continually face the camera, so when panning around in spot, the mesh always faces me.