• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

RELEASED: Fokker T.5 bomber for FSX/P3D

Ronald

Resource contributor
Question: Daan are you already familiar with these 2 "Fokker T5 Bomber" books? I found them this morning on the Internet.
113270-28729-60.jpg
107106-15526-81.jpg

- https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=113270 written by Hugo Hoofdman - ISBN: - none - (1979)
- https://www.scalemates.com/books/book.php?id=107106 Frits Gerdessen, Luuk Boerman - ISBN:978-94-90092-01-6 (2009)

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Ok, so that's been a nice amount of time: 2 months. Well, I've been busy with graduating last weeks, so I haven't spent much time on the T.5. But I can show you some progress now. Especially the center section has been further detailed with texturing.

This is the auxilary pilot's spot, with the windscreen actuators and the controls unlock lever (both in blue, though I doubt if that was the correct colour).
retex_01.jpg

At his right side, the manual hydraulics pump, emergency controls of the landing gear and actuation lever of the windscreen (red, but again not sure about the colour).
retex_02.jpg

Looking backward in the center section. It looks nice now, the curtain in front of the radio operator's station is textured now, also the radio-related boxes aside.
retex_03.jpg

Looking forward from mentioned curtain. Sweet!
retex_04.jpg

The antenna reel is textured now, as is the curtain behind the radio operator. His seat is still in original lo-res texture. Reel is own design, by the way, due to lack of references.
retex_05.jpg

I modelled the light aid of the radio operator, mounted on a fuselage frame. Type Labinal 1645.
retex_06.jpg

And an overview of the centre section from outside.
retex_07.jpg

That's it for now!

Cheers, Daan

Ronald

Resource contributor
+10 this model keeps growing on you Daan, way to go.
Have you already reserved her own spot in the "Virtual Aviodrome @ EHLE cyperspace?

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Many thanks for the friendly comments I got from you guys after my graduation!

So, I continued with the T.5 and did work on the (un)locking mechanism of the slider windows. This is based on vague photographs and interpretations, so only partially correct but acceptable.

The window of the pilot is kept at its place with the levers, which need to be moved in order to slide back the window.
slider_01.jpg

The same applies for the window of the observer, although it has a different mechanism.
slider_02.jpg

Also for the 'peeking' window below the observer.
slider_03.jpg

That's it for now!

Cheers, Daan

Ronald

Resource contributor
This looks great Daan!. When i'm looking at the level of detail in these images, i'm wondering:

How do you decided what objects :
- to model in real life 3D (like the nuts on the sliding-window)?
- to "emulate" in 2d-depth-textures (like the rivits on other part of the static-windows-frame)?

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
This looks great Daan!. When i'm looking at the level of detail in these images, i'm wondering:

How do you decided what objects :
- to model in real life 3D (like the nuts on the sliding-window)?
- to "emulate" in 2d-depth-textures (like the rivits on other part of the static-windows-frame)?
Same question I ask my self. To what extent should you model versus texturing. I can only answer for myself. When I'm happy with it then it's good. For myself and probably Daan it's a matter of pride in our development rather than meeting product standards.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

Some of you might know, but I'm in sad relational/family problems now, since a few weeks. To get myself a bit entertained this holiday, I continued work on the T.5.
I created the hydraulic lines to/from the cylinders to extend/retract the windshield of the second pilot. Because of the nature of this animation, it is carried out with bones. Did cost a few bones, so each ram (one on each side) has one armature (because of the 22 bone limit).

Retracted:
hyd_lines_02.jpg

Extended:
hyd_lines_01.jpg

Cheers, Daan

Ronald

Resource contributor
Some of you might know, but I'm in sad relational/family problems now, since a few weeks.
I feel sad/sorry for you to read this Daan, I hope this dark-clouds will soon blow over for the both of you.

I created the hydraulic lines to/from the cylinders to extend/retract the windshield of the second pilot. Because of the nature of this animation, it is carried out with bones.
Looks great again Daan, very nice detail!
Question: Can you post a "bones/wireframe screenshot" of the hydraulic lines? to be able to look inside and see how you did it?

Did cost a few bones, so each ram (one on each side) has one armature (because of the 22 bone limit).
Are you talking about a "22 bones limit" per separate animated part? or is one only allowed "22-bones" inside an entire fsx animated aircraft , scenery object?

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi there,

I got back to my T.5 after roughly two months!
The first thing I visited, was the locking plate of the control lever, which controls the windscreen of the second pilot. I was able to add detail after a visit to our National Archives, where I found a relatively good photograph of the very thing.
This plate restricts the retraction of the windscreen control lever, unless it is set aside. I got grey hair while coding it, but got it.

hyd_lock_01.png

For non-Dutch, the thing reads:
OPEN - WINDSCREEN - CLOSED
DO NOT CLOSE WHEN
SEAT IS OCCUPIED

The second pilot sat on the seat to the left, shown in the figure below.

hyd_lock_02.png

So, when he moved away from his flying position, he ended up on the front spar, where he had this view forward.

hyd_lock_03.png

Until next time! Daan

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi there,

I got back to my T.5 after roughly two months!
The first thing I visited, was the locking plate of the control lever, which controls the windscreen of the second pilot. I was able to add detail after a visit to our National Archives, where I found a relatively good photograph of the very thing.
This plate restricts the retraction of the windscreen control lever, unless it is set aside. I got grey hair while coding it, but got it.

hyd_lock_01.png

For non-Dutch, the thing reads:
OPEN - WINDSCREEN - CLOSED
DO NOT CLOSE WHEN
SEAT IS OCCUPIED

The second pilot sat on the seat to the left, shown in the figure below.

hyd_lock_02.png

So, when he moved away from his flying position, he ended up on the front spar, where he had this view forward.

hyd_lock_03.png

Until next time! Daan
Every time you post new pictures I get excited. :wave:

Ronald

Resource contributor
Great to see you working again on the T5, welcome back Daan.

I was able to add detail after a visit to our National Archives, where I found a relatively good photograph of the very thing.
Did you find more (then you already know) about the T5 there?

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Every time you post new pictures I get excited. :wave:

Thanks Paul!:stirthepo

Did you find more (then you already know) about the T5 there?

Some, but less than I expected. Lots of reports of the meetings that Fokker had with the Luchtvaartbedrijf (technical department of the air corps). Some 80 drawings, but most are assembly drawings, sketches or system drawings. Few photographs and those are useful (but again confusing with respect to other data).

Not a big surprise, after all, that most drawings are not part drawings or any kind of production drawings. The archive in the NA is the old Luchtvaartbedrijf archive, and they did not need production drawings but only drawings needed for operations and maintenance. So, where is generator X put, and what is the tube gage between the pump and the tank, and so on.

I did find, however, that the T.5 was intended to be equipped with urinals :D. Citing (own translation...) from the Minutes of January 4, 1938:

"The committee decides that urinals will not be fitted (as a replacement, rubber bags will be utilised)."

"De commissie besluit dat geen urinoirs zullen worden aangebracht (ter vervanging zullen rubberzakken worden gebezigd)."

Unfortunately, I have no photographic reference of these bags (if they were applied after all).

Funny things. As is the handbook, in old Dutch language: 'hijschen' and 'geheschen', instead of 'hijsen' and 'gehesen'.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
It's been a long way, but the A400M (finally) has urinals at the rear of the cargo compartment (for paratroops). And two very spatious lavatories. :D