• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

RELEASED: Fokker T.5 bomber for FSX/P3D

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
After a really, really long time, I could continue with real work on my T.5.

After getting new information regarding the intercoms, I redesigned them.

Base station, located at the radio operator.
intercom_01.jpg

Crew member station (in this case the second pilot).
intercom_02.jpg

Cheers, Daan

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Some progress images.

First is the ammodrum. I provided it with textures.

attachment.php

Overview from the jumpseat next to the pilot. This jumpseat was in use by the commander/navigator/bombardier during take-off and landing.

attachment.php

Thanks to a drawing in the archives, I could create a realistic connection to the antenna. The cylinder brings in the antenna, and connects it to the shortwave radio installation (suspended next to it).

attachment.php

Overview from the very front end. At right, just in front of the rudder pedals, we observe the bombsight. No texture yet. Next to it, the signalling gun.
On the left, we see the bomb doors control lever. According to the documentation, there should have been an emergency valve and pressure vessel above it, but it's left without visual reference. I decided to swap it.

attachment.php

View from the top gunner position on the Lewis gun, mounted on a Vickers turret and provided with an ammodrum.

attachment.php

That's it for now. I've been out of it for a long time, but now up speed. And, I'm running another project besides it: a Fokker S.14 jet trainer (name: Machtrainer).

flaps_L_03.png

Country
england
4yrs of impatient waiting and you show us the wing of another plane, evil, just evil i tell ya! :eek: :D

seriously though, this plane is looking awesome! :)

Ronald

Resource contributor
It's great to see you back at work in the Fokker T5 hanger again Daan!
Have you found any new resources on this place recently?

Country
us-arizona
My goodness man, this has really come along! Nice work.

Love the ambient occlusion work. Very nice shading.

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thank you!

Well, diffuse texturing of the front and mid fuselage sections is finished (IMHO). Now starting modelling of the rear fuselage section. It consisted of a 6 m steel tube frame.

attachment.php

I was lucky enough to obtain a drawing of this frame. Tube dimensions vary from 24x1 mm to 50x1.5 mm.

Around this frame, wooden ribs were placed to get the oval fuselage shape. Through the frame, there was a wooden ramp, used to walk from fore to aft (the tailgunner's position).

Cheers, Daan

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
So, I made the starting crank (for manual starting).
Thanks to someone who has a CAD-model of it.

attachment.php

Country
hungary
It is certainly inspiring that this is a project you started almost 5 years ago now, and work is still being done on it :)

The details look amazing, wish you the best of luck and patience!

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks guys!

It's a very long process. I joked to a friend that this would take five years against 1,5 for the D.21. Never hoped for that but it seems we'll get there.

Just imagine yourself, lying on a few leather cushions, all wood and fabric around you, defending against a flock of fire-spitting Messerschmitts...

attachment.php

Country
us-arizona
Awesome work, Daan.

Amazing to think that back then, state of the art aerospace was cloth, wood, and thin aluminum.