• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

forgot a procedure in CAT

Country
us-washington
Haven't used CAT in a while- forgot a couple of steps.

This concerns the bounding box. I want my hangar doors to open when the aircraft is within ...say... 30 meters or so.

First screen in CAT Do I choose enable trigger or apply to animation, or skip the first screen?

Second screen - would i enter the following numbers starting from top let to top right box then bottom left and bottom right, etc? 30, 30; 30,30, 0, 30?

Third screen- (second condition) skip this.

next screen- ok Ready
Next compile.

compile ready!

I go to FSDS folder and choose temp.asm... no zeros, just temp.asm.

This is the file created when I last complied my hangar. This is what CAT uses.

Now- in the FSDS folder I choose _temp_cat (mdl file) and can rename my file, which was hangar2 to hangar2_cat and move this file to my folder whee ex scenery manager can see it in order to compile into a library of my choice.

Where have I gone wrong so far? My hangar doors won't open. Without CAT the doors, of course open continually, so I know my tick 18 is correct.

BTW- has anyone had this problem- try to open a program... say- ex scenery manager or the like and Windows installer tries to start. Hit cancel... it wants to start again... hit cancel and finally the program starts and runs just fine? Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You can skip the first animation condition screen if you just want to trigger your doors with the bounding box.

I think you problem is that you enter 30 for both the minimum and maximum for some axes. That means you don't really have a box in which you can be. I guess you mean between -30 and 30 or so.

Country
us-washington
Arno- Thank you. e-mail notify doesn't seem to work. Maybe I need to fiddle with my account options or whatever it's called. Any ideas about that pesky windows installer? Bob

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Not really, which program is it?

Country
us-washington
Both programs affected are ez scenery manager and CAT, I've seen this happen with other programs I have. It seems that windows installer is picking on these right now. Both mgr and CAT run just fine however.

Country
brazil
I need help.

After using the CAT simply the FS9 hangs with the use of bgl created from the use of mdl created by the cat.
In the example to create animation for the gate, it is not mentioned the first screen of CAT, this screen should be ignored?
They could help me please.

Obs. Without the use of CAT the animation is normal
sorry my english...