• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Forum email alerts

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I've stopped receiving emails from FSDeveloper, is there any way to restore these?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello Rick

It's been a while, but I believe the only way to set it up now is by going to the individual thread and setting it there. You might have to reset using the "Watch" icon (in the upper right-hand corner) in the thread you wish to watch.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I should have included the information that I have tried unwatching and re watching all forums and threads. I did find a tick box in preferences to automatically watch started and replied threads, which I activated. It likely got me the alert for your reply. However, manually selected forum watch email alerts are not sent, meaning I must now start, or reply a thread to get alerted of new messages, also only for those threads.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
At this point, I am getting emails for some watched forums, none for others. It appears that an extended period of unalerted postings, has alerted me to the fact that it is extremely likely, that only a small percentage of email alerts from watched forums are sent, or possibly...yep, I found them.

Apparently the spam filters at my ISP are self regulating and have decided flight sim development is junk.

Country
us-illinois
As A.I. software evolves, one might forget such software still requires a human to decide how its code is to be configured. :rotfl:

GaryGB

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
I know! I'm trying to learn how to re educate my spam filters and I understand how to limit spam by never filling out those bs forms, I could delete the junk folder altogether, but it's greyed out! Must be some new form of code hacking spam, but I'll outsmart them by directing all my mail to junk and just make that my new mail folder.

Country
us-illinois
Apparently FSDev is attempting to minimize its expense for a web server, so I would assume a related expense is bandwidth.

Server time spent composing / sending alerts and misc. messages is likely consuming server resources and bandwidth per day.

BTW: Why would the Login prompt automatically check the checkbox to 'stay logged in' ?

If I do Login and use the 'compose reply' dialog, why does FSDev require me to Login again in order to submit the post ?

If FSDev forum structure hardly ever changes, why even track user navigation on the site ?

Why embed Google analytics code in FSDev web pages, if Google hardly ever tracks- / links to- threads on FSDev any more ?

IMHO, all intriguing questions, with more reasons to use uBlock Origin as a browser plugin, and to edit Windows' HOSTS file. ;)

GaryGB

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It might be possible that Arno has put a limit on notifications (maybe) or the server he is running through is. I believe Arno is on vacation so it will be a while before he can or will answer. ☺️ I have noticed the site is slow in posting and replying again lately.

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
BTW: Why would the Login prompt automatically check the checkbox to 'stay logged in' ?
I believe this is to attract "collegiate types" and jetsetters who use internet cafe style "shared computers," if such a thing even exists, anymore.
It might be possible that Arno has put a limit on notifications (maybe) or the server he is running through is. I believe Arno is on vacation so it will be a while before he can or will answer. ☺️ I have noticed the site is slow in posting and replying again lately.
Once I "purged" the Junk folder, I was able to match every message to a missed forum alert. There had been no filter rule to block FSDeveloper, but I made one to specifically allow messages from FSDeveloper. Also, the folder font becomes bold and shows a message count, so as long as I keep it empty, I can watch for that.

Because policing my ISP is better than blaming XenForo, or whomever anyway and thanks for the help.