• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Forum software upgrade

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It seems to be a bug in the text editor control that XenForo uses. Although it is reported as fixed by the control developer now, so I guess in a future update it should be addressed. Once XenForo updates are there we will install them.

Country
unitedstates
Hi Arno,

Thanks so much - I like the look of the place - appreciate all you do...

Regards,
Scott

Luka

Resource contributor
Country
serbia
My login problem is solved by deleting old fsdeveloper cookies.
Thanks GaryGB for IECookiesView link.
:)

Country
austria
In between I am using an IPhone(5) with Safari for information. Every time trying to read I have new to log in. Every time I klick on stay logged in! The next time I have to log in again.
It is disgusting because the loginmodus isn't comparable with other forums (where I allways stay logged in). In some way the place to put the marks in is seldom shifted. Sometimes so I get "the requested user could not be found" or "Incorrect password".
Where and how can I delete old fsdeveloper cookies on my mobile? With Tapatalk I never had this problem:mad:.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Aside from not keeping my login intact, the only real issue I have is remembering where the "New Posts" tab has moved. It seems that "New Posts" and "Mark Forums Read" have exchanged places on the top toolbar... :laughing:

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
In between I am using an IPhone(5) with Safari for information. Every time trying to read I have new to log in.

That's odd, Christian, I also use an iPhone 5 and apart from having to log in once after the forum upgrade, it has stayed logged in on Safari.

Country
austria
Hi Tom, I don't no why this happens. I wouldn't complain if I could easier log in but always the problem with the downshifted cursor. See attachment. (The stay logged in I mark allways at last.) This problem I have only with fsdeveloper since the update. And at my PC I never have this problem I am allways logged in.

I also miss now the opportunity getting informed if there is an answer of a thread?

Attachments

• Loginproblem.jpg
    Loginproblem.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If there is a stable Tapatalk release for this version of the forum software we can consider to put it back. Although I also try to install as few 3rd party addons as possible to keep the forum installation clean and easy to maintain. I think for notifications on updates an app is needed, that can't be done through the browser. Although for me the email notifications work fine (I get them on my phone as well).

Country
austria
Thank you but how can I initiate the e-mail notifikation? Where is the Button? I only see the Post reply , the Preview and the Attach files button.

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If I open a thread in a new tab, I get an error message from the forum software when trying to reply to it ("Ooops, something went wrong..."). I have to refresh the page fixes it.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

As a final part of the website move, I have tonight setup the website to use a SSL certificate as well. So if you go to the forum now you should see that you are redirected to the https version and that you get a green lock in your browser as well.

Country
indonesia
I don't get the green lock.
I get the yellow warning triangle that says connection is not secure.
Firefox 58.0 (64 bit)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
On which page is that? On the main page I always get the green lock. In certain threads people use signatures from external servers that are not secure, so then I do not get the green lock here in Chrome as well.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
This thread, for example, is not shown as being secure due to elements like images.

Viewing the forum overview and other threads, however, shows a perfectly secure connection.

Country
unitedstates
Even if you guys are having issues with it, the new design is awesome! Very modern and updated for 2018 standards!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

I have just installed a small update of the forum software. I contains a number of bug fixes. Let me know if there are any issues.