Found some minor faults

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Lately I used my own Library Creator XML tool a bit and I found a very small bugs. One is for example that the tool will crash if you compile a BGL file that FsX still has opened (and thus locked). Also I found some minor things that are not as intended :).

I will try to fix this things and will then release a more stable version. If anyone has found similar problems, please let me know so that I can have a look at them.

FSX Style GUID Handling in RWY12 XML Creation

Arno,

I have a library created from two GMAX FSX models. One model has imbedded zeros in the GUID according to GMAX; the other model does not.

The Library Creator XML tree display does not show the zeros in the GUID which contains them but correctly displays the GUID of the other model.

The RWY12 XML created by Library Creator shows GUID="" for the model containing zeros in the GUID. It shows an old style GUID for the model without zeros...I have no idea if the conversion is accurate or if such a conversion was intentional on your part.

Regards,

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hello Frank,

I also noticed some trouble with FsX models and blank GUIDs after exporting to SBuilder or API macro. I think the Rwy12 problem you have is the same. I will check this as well, when I work on the update.

About the conversion to old style GUID, yes that is intended. Tools like Rwy12 can't work with the new format. But in the end the result is the same (binary wise).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have released version 2.0.2 in which these problems should be solved. For more information check this thread.

Last edited: