• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS FS2020 Detail Textures

Country
southafrica
Hi,

I am having a issue when importing a model into FS2020.

1601551465103.png

I have traced the problem to the Detail Textures. Work Perfectly without them, gives issues with them.

1601551590179.png

My knowledge on correctly using detail textures is non existent. My research has brought up nothing.
If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Hi,

I am having a issue when importing a model into FS2020.

1601551465103.png

I have traced the problem to the Detail Textures. Work Perfectly without them, gives issues with them.

1601551590179.png

My knowledge on correctly using detail textures is non existent. My research has brought up nothing.
If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

I need the same help! Please someone know how work detailed texture in MSFS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it is an enviroment texture.. ie rainy or snowing no one seems to b3 sure. It has been included in the toolset so how to use it woukd be nice. For instance , msfs uses them inside windows for the view into a building. So my guess is instead of texturing a model where the windows are, you draw an interior, to baking an albedo texture but have a second one for window/glass details.it seems whilevtge main albedo handles the window frames

This is all the info I've seen in the doc's so far: Good luck and let us know if you figure it out.

Detail Color(RGB) Alpha(A)​

When no blend mask is specified, the detail basecolor is interpreted as a linear texture ranging between 0 and 1 of which the channels are blended with the primary basecolor in a linear fashion. In this case, the detail basecolor textures are interpreted such that a value of 0.5 will produce no changes, values below 0.5 will darken the primary basecolor and values above will lighten it. Painting the vertex alpha channel allows to define how the map impacts the base color.

Detail Occlusion(R) Roughness(G) Metallic(B)​

When no blend mask is specified, the detail occlusion-roughness-metallic texture is treated as a linear texture with values ranging between 0 and 1. The values will be added to the primary Occlusion(R), Roughness(G), Metallic(B) in a linear fashion: a value of 0.5 will produce no changes, values below 0.5 will decrease the primary values and values above 0.5 will increase them. Painting the vertex alpha channel allows to define how the map impacts the occlusion-roughness-metallic texture.

Detail Normal​

When no blend mask is specified, the detail normals are added to the primary normal channels. Painting the vertex alpha channel allows to define how the map impacts the normals.

BlendMask​

When this texture is set, the Detail map slots became a secondary sets of texture The BlendMask is a textures maps used to blend between Base and Secondary slots of textures

Yohan, 'I just Tried to use those windows you uploaded (converted from 3dmax) swapped into my model in place of the windows I had already, that have been in game for a month now. Those windows use detail textures and guess what.... epic fail! Not only did the model fail to load, it then caused the builder to remove 3/4 of my models and textures! I had back up if file so no big deal, I pulled the windows out of the project and rebuilt, no issues. Something somewhere does not like those extra textures at all.

Back