• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2020 seems to be a game, but not simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
reality will catch up soon with msfs 2020
this is the last generation simulator; surely stutters should be a thing of the past, past experience showed that simulators born with stutters never got riddle of it.
if run on modern and updated rigs; it have to respond; and be fluid as out of the box.

fs1

Country
brazil
The sim is really a new platform with lots of pluses.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) devs will need to change, adapt to the new tech, and some of them may loose the opportunity. But the whole world is changing at the moment, isn’t it?

I also agree that there may be criticism around it, but if you see this as an evolving program I see a lot of potential.

I tend to see the cup half full, not empty.. Probably MSFS in the near future will be the leading platform.

Last edited:
Country
germany
Sorry but that video is not helpful at all ... you can't do performance tuning without actually flying an aircraft to get the terrain engine working. No where in that video does the presenter fly the aircraft.

I have linked this video here mainly because it explains without much emotions what options you have for your system!
I saw this menu for the first time today, because I wasn't involved as an alpha (or beta) tester before!

D

Deleted member 12505

I tend to see the cup half full, not empty.. Probably MSFS in the near future will be the leading platform.

I see it for what it is (from experience with it), I don't really subscribe to 1/2 full 1/2 empty debates. If Asobo can work some performance miracles "soon" it will stand a much better chance, but we're still doing the same process of "reduce graphic settings to hit 30 FPS" then I don't think that will bring in a much bigger audience, certainly not hold up to the gamer crowd and XBOX primary users.

With that said, 30 FPS works for me (and others) and is usually my target and I've gone to no ends of detail helping folks hit that 30 FPS target over the decades. But I don't ignore the feedback I get from those same folks wanting 60 FPS. I do get why so many use 60 FPS as the standard, many monitors default to 60hz, eye/brain works well at 60 FPS, many 3D shooters will do well over 60 FPS, and to be honest, if I could do 60 FPS and retain the visual detail I would too as 60 FPS is better than 30 FPS.

I don't know about how "evolving" will cure the performance issues, adding more complexity and features usually has a negative impact to performance. Maybe if they move to DX12 and do some optimizations, but the GPU is already the bottleneck with the Render Scaling above 100. Capping out a Titan RTX at 100% utilization takes some work ;) I consider the August 18th product to still be a Beta product or "early access" product.

I get why DLC providers are trying to promote MSFS, sales for P3D/FSX/XP have most likely come to a trickle ... not much option as the PR campaign was very successful.

Cheers, Rob.

Country
argentina
The Scores from the Reviews are unbelievable.... The lowest score is like 90/100 or so...
Bravo Asobo, bravo.

Country
us-california
for time being these are primarily content creators on YouTube and Twitch none of which is a developer nor reviewing from a developers point of view!
for all intent and purposes they are reviewing an unreleased "Flight v2" that appears to simulate the world and atmospheric very nicely,
IMHO for the hype it generates for their channels some are willing to overlook far too much from a proprietary simulator experience,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12505

There is one SDK and no special version for the lucky few 'big' developers.

That's false, I have confirmed information with specific details that I can compare against, it's not all the same from a "large" development group "currently". To be honest, I didn't expect it to be the same for everyone at this point ... maybe it will eventually be the same, but I would expect larger development groups to continue to have a "special" version as time progresses. It's just business.

I've moved away from the software side (well not entirely, HID and Arduino) and working on hardware USB device front so I have no vested interest in any specific platform nor just flight simulation ... flight simulation, racing simulation, games, etc. is my target. Early stages of development (and learning) but this is my prototype office now:

uc

Stay tuned ...

Cheers, Rob.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK so on that basis they are maintaining two versions of the SDK?

D

Deleted member 12505

Hi Jon, more than one version I know for sure ... anyway, don't really care.

I downloaded nVidia driver update today that specifically indicates added support for MSFS. Sadly I was not successful trying it out ... all I get now is "unable to connect to authentication servers". But I haven't really paid attention, are we Devs/Alpha/Beta users being cutoff on 18th and will have to buy full version?

Cheers, Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.