• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS9 Doesn't activate revised Stock airport

Country
us-florida
I'm running W7 64-bit latest version of ADE 1.60. Tried revising a stock airport (ICAO - AGR). Compiled fine and placed file in ADDON Scenery/scenery. File is there but changes don't appear. I've read several seemingly related post and followed all suggestions with no luck.

Country
germany
try it this way : Make the following directory structure and a new entry in the Scenery Library
  • AGR
  • - Scenery
  • - Texture
and now place the new *.bgl into the new scenery folder !

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Is there any other Bgl file containing this airport that loads after yours. A lot of the Traffic enhancing addons have changed airport files and they tend to be at a higher priority than Addon Scenery. Make sure your Addon Scenery is at the top of the scenery list in FS.

Country
us-florida
FS( Does Not Activate Revised Stock Airport

Jon, et al,

Thanks for the prompt replies and suggestions. Unfortunately none worked. I tried adding the revised folder tree and made sure that Addon scenery is at the top of the Scenery list. I'm not sure how to check to see if another .bgl adds after the revision though.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Tried revising a stock airport (ICAO - AGR). Compiled fine and placed file in ADDON Scenery/scenery. File is there but changes don't appear.

What did you revise after loading AGR into ADE and saving as a .ad3 project file?

Which file did you place in the ADDON Scenery/scenery folder

Last edited:
Country
us-florida
FS9 Dosen't activate revised Stack airport

I put the compiled project folder, .bgl, in the ADDON/SCENERY folder. Sorry for the confusion.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What changes are you expecting to see? If this relates to buildings and other scenery objects do you have the scenery complexity in FS set to Extremely Dense?

If you post details of your changes and attach the project file (.ad3) then we can check if the changes work here.

Country
unitedstates
It could be as simple as running FS in Admin mode to allow the changes to be made to the associated file. UAC doing its job can make ours a pain. :D

It could be a layer issue where his change is not high enough but he said he checked that, or not properly set to geo-location but if its a modified stock airport it should be set, or most likely as scruffyduck Jon said, scenery complexity. If its not that and it was a custom or library object, it could be associated textures arent there or in incorrect formatting.

Since its been a number of days since the last communication, I am willing to be he has tried to get here, but the DNS park is preventing him from doing so.

Last edited:
Country
us-utah
I'm afraid I'm having the same problem. I've been messing with FS for years and I am fully aware of how ADE files work and how to manage scenery priorities... so as I come today to this, know that I've done all that has been suggested and more already to now avail.

I believe there may be a bug in FS9 scenery compilation in this latest version (1.60.5950) as a result. All the files I compiled using the previous version I had on my machine (1.5.4somethingorother) before upgrading to the latest version work flawlessly. Unfortunately, excludes and flattens (at a minimum) produced by the latest version are non-functional.

Country
us-florida
ADE won't load modified Stock Airport

All,

have had a quick back and forth with Jon while unable to reach the forum due to DNS issues. Tried the method suggested by George (create folder under ADDON Scenery for airport (AGR) containing scenery and texture and placed compiled .bgl in the scenery sub-folder to the AGR folder. That worked. The mods to AGR are extensive but all show in the method used. Interesting, Jon was able to take my .bgl file and make it work the correct way. Can't explain the issue. I am admin on this machine so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Appreciate all of the thoughts and ideas. That's what make this forum the positive experience it is.

Kevin, if you are in Tampa FL can you contact me offline?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What I don't understand is that we have not changed the FS9 compiler or methods in 1.60.

Can someone please send me an example project or two so that I can test it?

Can I confirm this is confined to FS9?

As Mike says I cannot replicate the issue for him.

I also need to be sure that you have all the compiled files. If you are creating flattens in FS9 then there will be a second Bgl file with _TER in the name that contains the flatten and needs to be in the same folder as the airport Bgl file. If you are adding objects and exclusion rectangles then check whether Settings > Options > Separate Airport and Object Bgl Files is checked. If it is then objects and exclusions will be in a separate Bgl file with _OBJ in the name which also should be with the main airport Bgl file.

I am running some tests here but please send me any project files that exhibit the problem for you... jon AT scruffyduck DOT co DOT uk

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well I ran some tests with flattens and buildings etc with ADE 1.50 for FS9. In my case all the changes I made to elevation via the flatten polys and placement of buildings and exclusions work. Sorry. I will test any files that you send me to see if I can identify the problem.

As always my test setup is pure vanilla sim with no addons.