• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS9 to FSX Conversion Problems... Again

Country
unitedstates
Back in October of 2020 I successfully converted Paul Clawson's TBD-1 Devastator to FSX with the help of MCX, Tom Gibson's tutorial, and several folks at Sim Outhouse. Sadly I lost the plane and my work files in a recent HD crash so I'm trying again. As before I am having a hard time getting the props (still/slow/blurred) to work properly, and now I have a new problem: a solid gray canopy and windscreen except for one clear section (see attached). All other animations are working OK. I haven't worked on the VC yet, I want to get the exterior mdl to display and work properly. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• TBD_Canopy.jpg
    TBD_Canopy.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 40
Country
unitedstates
I wonder if the canopy plexiglass is made up of a few materals and they need to be edited? Also maybe the plexiglass is done by Alpha texture?

Country
unitedstates
I wonder if the canopy plexiglass is made up of a few materals and they need to be edited? Also maybe the plexiglass is done by Alpha texture?
Hi Allen,
In Paul's FS9 original TBD the canopy glass IS done by a DXT3 bmp with an Alpha. I didn't touch that when I started the conversion. When I converted the plane in 2020 I used MCX 1.4 and there was no problem with the canopy tex's or the animation. Now I'm using MCX 1.5 so something may have changed. Animation still works fine after the several conversions I did over the weekend.

Country
unitedstates
Allen, thanks for the link to MCX 1.4, I may run my current 1.5 mdl file through it and see what I get.