• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSDeveloper and GDPR

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Most of you have probably heard that in a few days a new data protection law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in the European Union will be applied. To be prepared for this law we have made sure FSDeveloper also has a written privacy policy, you can find it here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/help/privacy-policy/

All of you will also had a message to confirm the privacy policy when you last logged in. This is to ensure that we can track who as agreed with the rules and who not.

Simple said FSDeveloper only collects the data that is needed to let the forum and wiki work. And we don't share this data with other, we only use it within the forum and wiki software and for the moderators to do their moderator tasks. If you have any questions though, let us know.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
All of you will also had a message to confirm the privacy policy when you last logged in. This is to ensure that we can track who as agreed with the rules and who not.

What kind of analytics is my "technical information" used for?

Also what has changed in the terms and conditions?

Country
denmark
Most of you have probably heard that in a few days a new data protection law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in the European Union will be applied. To be prepared for this law we have made sure FSDeveloper also has a written privacy policy, you can find it here:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/help/privacy-policy/

Simple said FSDeveloper only collects the data that is needed to let the forum and wiki work. And we don't share this data with other, we only use it within the forum and wiki software and for the moderators to do their moderator tasks. If you have any questions though, let us know.

Hi Arno,
Congratulations, you are ahead of many big companies and organisations.
Henrik

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What kind of analytics is my "technical information" used for?

We use the default privacy rules of the forum software and have only tweaked it a bit for FSDeveloper specific things. This line about analytics was in the text already and allows for statistics and analysis on the visitors of the website. For example like Google Analytics does. We have used Google Analytics in the past, but since I never look at those stats, I decided to disable it while doing the privacy terms. So at the moment we are not running any additional analytics on top of the stats that the forum software gives (number of active people, number of posts).

Also what has changed in the terms and conditions?

The privacy rules are new, we had never formally written them down. The terms and conditions are also almost the same, I merged the rules we had with the default terms the forum software provides. Combined they describe well how we want to run this community.

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Considering the hoops other organisations and businesses are having to jump through, that's an elegant solution to the immediate GDPR requirements. Bureaucracy: what fun!

Lately, every time I come here, I keep getting repeated messages regarding the use of cookies and the consent of it. I've repeatedly clicked that Accept button about 20 times already if not more, and I'm getting tired of being bothered with it. This is the information I keep getting repeatedly:

"This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies."

Does this have anything to do with the new GDPR or is it something else causing the message to pop up? Is everyone receiving this pop up message?

Ken.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Are you logged into your account or not when you receive this message? I never see it on my computers where I'm logged in. I only see if when I check the forum from my work computer and am not logged in to my account.

Hi,

Are you logged into your account or not when you receive this message? I never see it on my computers where I'm logged in. I only see if when I check the forum from my work computer and am not logged in to my account.

No, I'm not logged in when I see that message. I notice when I logged in, that message is gone. But I did not used to see this message even when I was logged out. I didn't know if it was my browser or the website. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ken.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

It's probably the update of the forum software we installed a few days ago.

D

Deleted member 1281

I get that 'feature', too, when I'm not logged in. Often I'm not, and In that state it is just an annoyance. Is there a way to get rid of it?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I need to check, I don't see an option for it at the moment.

And at least in the EU it's the law to show such messages (how annoying they are).

D

Deleted member 1281

EU law states that you must ask any forum visitor to accept cookies, and when they click OK they have to be asked again on the next visit? And again and again ad inf?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
EU law states that you must ask any forum visitor to accept cookies, and when they click OK they have to be asked again on the next visit? And again and again ad inf?

Actually sites store it in cookies if you have accepted. I guess the repetition happens to people who use to delete their history.

D

Deleted member 1281

Negative, my history is untouched. I have elected to log out when leaving the forum (I have good reasons for doing that), and still get asked the next time around. I know the cookie is already there because the prompt goes away when I log in, like now.

Artificial intelligence no doubt ...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I'll check if this is a known issue in the forum software. Sounds like a small bug to me.

D

Deleted member 1281

Just noticed that the cookie prompt for non-logged users has been dropped, apparently. Much appreciated, thanks Arno!
Edit, Arrg no, it's back again.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I didn't change a thing. I think it's related to browser cookie settings, which browser you use?

D

Deleted member 1281

Google Chrome w/ cookies allowed.

No other forum keeps asking me to accept cookies for just passively visiting, especially when the cookie is there already. It doesn't make any sense. Sure, it's just one click, and I could stay logged in. That or they could get their act together.

Edit, also running Adblock Plus, but I don't believe it's relevant.

Last edited by a moderator: