• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSDT Afcad help

Hi there to all

I orignally downloaded a FSDT ORD afcad from avsim, which has the multiple runways in use, so thats all good, I made some changes to it, gate types, gate assignments and such, went to comple the airport, and it doesnt work.

Any suggestions or help??

Thanks

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thae airport appears to have cross wind runway so you have a series of warnings. The error however refers to dulpicated VOR/ILS. IMED ILS/DME 09R is duplicated and so is ITSL ISL/DME 27L - check the navaid List: List | Navaids.

I agree with Jon that there are numerous errors with the AFCAD that you are using. Sometimes it is best to use the same utility that the designer of that airport used (on AVSIM) to make changes then to try and use a different utility.

Each airport design utility has flexibility that might not work. I always recommend using what the original designer used. In most cases you can extract out certain parts of the airport code using XML and insert that XML in other type utilities to achive what you want.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You may be able to delete the duplicates with ADE - I have not tried.

Well that throws a wrench into what I wanted done. Where do you get AFX or what ever they use.

Im not really good at the xml stuff to answer your other suggestion.

Thanks for the help so far!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Let me take a look at the file again now that I am back home - then we will see where we go from here. I take it htat you have made a number of modifications to the airport so that starting again from the bgl file is not a good idea?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK this file will compile and does not contain the duplicated ILS. I cannot promise that it contains everything that you have in the original file. It is quite a bit smaller. The only way to fix this problem involved generating XML - fixing the XML - compiling the XML - then loading it back into ADE to create the project file.

There are a load of cross wind runways in this file that cause the warnings - I don't know if you want those or not. Also for some reason that maybe Jim can explain the duplicated ILS are attached to a cross wind runway :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the help!!!!!!

Yes the cross wind runways are always good!! Keeps things going smoothly.

However when I go to open the ade, this is what I get:

When I first started tweaking the afcad, I didnt change any of the nitty gritty things like freqs, navs, ils's or anything like that. All I changed was some of the gates.

Thanks sooo much for the help tho!

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Oh Bother. Sorry I made this with a development version of ADE and the files can't be read with 1.37 :eek: I will do it again.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Try this one....

Last edited:
YES thank you very much!!!

Thanks very much for the help!!!

Works great!!!

Thanks again for the help. Much appericiated. Esp because Im not that techy when it comes to the guts of the afcad.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
YES thank you very much!!!

Thanks very much for the help!!!

Works great!!!

Thanks again for the help. Much appericiated. Esp because Im not that techy when it comes to the guts of the afcad.

No worries and sorry for the screw up - I tend to use the current development environment when working on things and forget that it may have stuff in that is not currently available to everyone else :eek:

Nope, I used what you uploaded earlier in the topic. The only thing that I changed was gate assignments and gate types. Say from parking to Gate, and gate size as well.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Nope, I used what you uploaded earlier in the topic. The only thing that I changed was gate assignments and gate types. Say from parking to Gate, and gate size as well.

I can't remember - are the jetways visible in ADE? Makesuer that the image complexity settings in ADE and FSX are both Extremely Complex. We have had jetways disappear before and it has been either image complexity or sometimes a third party bgl with an exclude.

GHD

Country
england
The file uploaded by Jon does not have any jetways.

Try the attached. Note I needed to remove a couple of jetways which referred to non-existant gates:

George

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
In that case there were no Jetways in the Original file and ADE will have excluded the stock ones. This is one of the issues around working with third party airports unfortunately.