• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSimStudios CYQB - Québec City International

Country
venezuela
Announcing our future scenery: CYQB Quebec City Jean Lesage Int. Airport.

Featuring the new International Terminal expansion :)
2016-10-8_10-43-57-915.png

Country
ca-manitoba
well, I finally have my flightsim back up and running..just bought CYYC as promised and will be buying this for sure....cannot wait. Great choice and hopefully you are still looking at CYEG. That will be a purchase too.

Country
venezuela
well, I finally have my flightsim back up and running..just bought CYYC as promised and will be buying this for sure....cannot wait. Great choice and hopefully you are still looking at CYEG. That will be a purchase too.
CYEG is coming in the future for sure. Right know i don't have enough pictures and information about CYEG, so i decided to pospone the project until i gather enough information.

Country
ca-manitoba
You are definitely perfecting your craft. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to this one!

Country
ca-manitoba
kicking butt, dude!!!! Looks great so far and definitely should be a winner. I don't know of a payware CYQB ever so this is long overdue. Hopefully you will have it in your heart to one day look at CYWG!

Country
australia
Looks fantastic!

How are you layering your ground poly to get that variation? The resolution looks magnificent

Country
venezuela
Looks fantastic!

How are you layering your ground poly to get that variation? The resolution looks magnificent

The first layer is a base concrete/asphalt texture. I usually add details to this base textures (like cracks and marks). Then, i add a layer of satellite imagery with a 60-65% of transparency. I remove all marks on the satellite imagery (like airplanes, taxi lines, etc) using photoshop. I add some shadows around the terminal and in the borders of the taxiways. The 3rd layer is where all taxiway/runway/apron marks are. Then a 4th layer of photoscenery at 5% transparency with some shadows, tiremarks and skid added. Finally, i add a 5th layer with some details (working on that) like oil marks, etc.

It looks very good from far, but from close it looks a little bit flat, not very realistic. I add oil and tire marks to give it a more realistic feeling.

Country
canada
loving it! thank god someone has started focusing on the tier 2 and 3 airports in Canada.

will YOW be updated to SODE jetways?

Country
ca-manitoba
Gabriel,

Let me know if you need any beta testers..I am running p3d v4 exclusively these days.

Thank you,
SeanC

Country
netherlands
It looks very good from far, but from close it looks a little bit flat, not very realistic. I add oil and tire marks to give it a more realistic feeling.

I'm not a designer, but from what I read online and on this forum, you are able to add bump- and specular maps to ground poly's in P3D. This should make those 'flat' ground polys's a lot less flat.

Country
venezuela
loving it! thank god someone has started focusing on the tier 2 and 3 airports in Canada.

will YOW be updated to SODE jetways?
My original plans were to add SODE Jetways to CYOW. Then Calgary became a priority and now Quebec city. I know it has been about a year since the release of CYOW. Personally, I'm not really happy with the quality of that scenery but I may update it.
I'm not a designer, but from what I read online and on this forum, you are able to add bump- and specular maps to ground poly's in P3D. This should make those 'flat' ground polys's a lot less flat.
I've seen specular maps used on many sceneries' GPs. I'm gonna give it a try.