• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSPackageTool drag and drop compiling opens the MSFS simulator and errors

Country
unitedkingdom
Any thoughts on why when dragging a project onto the FSPackagetools.exe to compile it the new MSFS splash screen loads and the sim syncs up the data etc before the cmd window compiles?

After compiling the cmd window doesn't close until I clear an error dialogue box on the splash screen.

I'm using the latest SDK 0.18.0.
xzxcqIMkC8.jpg

Kev

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

Asobo has made a mistake during SU9 beta and instead of silently opening the compiler included in the MSFS executable, the GUI was displayed.
Furthermore they did not finalize this possibility and did not process the output of the compiler, hence this error message.

In the last patch (1.25.7.0 => 1.25.9.0) they once again tripped over themselves and took this code from the SU9 Beta... bis repetita !!!
The most important thing is that in the MSDOS window, you can see that all the asset groups have been compiled ( 5 done and 0 failed) so there are no errors.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi,

Asobo has made a mistake during SU9 beta and instead of silently opening the compiler included in the MSFS executable, the GUI was displayed.
Furthermore they did not finalize this possibility and did not process the output of the compiler, hence this error message.

In the last patch (1.25.7.0 => 1.25.9.0) they once again tripped over themselves and took this code from the SU9 Beta... bis repetita !!!
The most important thing is that in the MSDOS window, you can see that all the asset groups have been compiled ( 5 done and 0 failed) so there are no errors.
Thank you Didier, I could see the package was compiling correctly just confused by the splashscreen and sim related error message with code. I guess I should of known it was yet another undocumented 'feature' introduced by a lack of basic testing

Kev

Country
australia
The splash screen and subsequent error after compilation doesn't seem to cause any problems and can be safely clicked away. Just don't close it while the compiler is doing it's work as that will stop the compilation process. Wait until your project is compiled first and then close the splash screen.