FSX Acceleration carriers

ollyau

Resource contributor
FSX Crash - AI Acceleration carriers

Hi everyone,

I've been developing for FSX Acceleration. You can see my current addons at http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=orion&CatID=root.

I am in the process of making an addon right now. It is FSX scenery for Oakland and Alameda.

I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me. I have been having problems.

2. When I try to make AI traffic for the Acceleration carrier (I used the SDK and lc0277's AIBTC, both bgl files produced would get the same error) in my Oakland/Alameda addon, FSX says this "A fatal error occurred" then "Flight Simulator X is restarting". Here is a link to some more detailed error information: http://i84yiq.bay.livefilestore.com...rHTJvmNIhrCjcMBiwlTQIHQMqDiHi7K/fsx error.txt.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps

-Orion

Last edited:

ollyau

Resource contributor
I have fixed my problem.

The Accleration Carrier needs to go a certain distance or FSX crashes. I just set it go go out somewhat on Tuesday at 3:00 AM then come back. I figure that no one would really want to fly then because, he or she would be tierd from Monday (unless thay change the sim time to Tuesday at 3:00 AM for no reason I could think of)

-Orion

Hello!

I bumped into this trying to find a solution to my problem.

I am trying to build a mission using the Victorious carrier and the Swordfish. I am assigning the carrier as ground vehicle and give it initial position and 6 waypoints as well as speed etc. However FSX crashes once the mission loads and I get the same messages as you ollyau. How did you finally manage to solve this? I do not fully understand from your post.

Thank you.

Edit: Oops! I just realised that this is the general scenery section and not mission building but I was redirected here from a related post in the missions section.

Last edited:

ollyau

Resource contributor
Oh wow, I was like what, twelve then? :eek:

Anyways, I was trying to make a static aircraft carrier, but to allow for the Acceleration features, it had to be AI. So, I made an AI carrier and gave it two waypoints. I originally had my two waypoints in extremely close proximity to each other (within 20 feet or so). I resolved my problem by moving the waypoints further apart.

Thank you.

I managed to resolve this. Mine was a mission problem. Being a complete rookie in mission design I was just not spawning the carrier and just had its description and waypoints hanging in the air.:p Once I added spawn events and tied them with triggers everything worked nicely.

Mulitplayer

Guys,

an Old thread I know and a simple question really... Would this technique of usng carriers as AI work inside a Gamespy Multiplayer Session? or would the AI traffic be removed upon connection to the Multiplayer Session?

Best Regards,

ollyau

Resource contributor
No; AI is not loaded when flying in multiplayer. You can either use the mission system (multiplayer mission), or use SimConnect (SimConnect_AICreateSimulatedObject) to create AI.