• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX ai traffic issue

Country
germany
Dear all,

since a few weeks I have problems with my Ai traffic. That includes my own created traffic as well as WOAI. Problem is that Ai aircrafts are at the airports. They will taxi normal and take off. After take off you can see the Ai traffic a view minutes and than it will disappear. Another strange situation is that no inbound traffic is there which means no landing. As said my traffic worked well in the past. I made some installations from some airports in the meantime but already checked if traffic bgl was included in one of them folders.

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the problem? Further does anyone knows if FSX has trouble when you will have a huge number of different traffic files installed?

tks n brgds Steffen

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
First use AIFP to check if any FS9 format traffic files are still on your computer.

Country
germany
First use AIFP to check if any FS9 format traffic files are still on your computer.
Hi Tom, sorry for my later reply. I removed all my ai traffic from FSX. After that I converted Cathay AI flight plans from FS9 with FP_FS9_FSX to convert into FSX format. In the past this kind of conversion worked. Now unfortunately I can´t see any landing from CX? Do you have any idea why?

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Have you confirmed that there should be planes arriving then? (times are GMT in the flight plans). Have you allowed 20 minutes to elapse while waiting? Have you confirmed that the AI planes are present and active in your installation?

Country
germany
I run the FSX but after 45 minutes no landing. I can see that the CX aircrafts will pop up at the gate. Departures seems to be normal. I attached the traffic screenshot from my FSX and the AIFP FS9 file check. Very strange to see that the converted FSX file will be mentioned as FS9 file!?!

Attachments

• FS9 file check result.pdf
    177.9 KB · Views: 232
  • FSX.pdf
    77.8 KB · Views: 126

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
You already said that departures are normal, so that means they are present and active.

It should make no difference, but AIFP can convert that FS9 BGL file to FSX format (Bulk Traffic/Convert FS9 BGL files to FSX).

You can also use AIFP to check when a plane SHOULD be landing at that airport. Then set the time about 15 minutes before that and wait.