• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX connect the easy way ....

Country
luxembourg
hello all

i know that there is a threat for connecting problems from FSX Planner to FSX and i read ALL of it !

after 4 hours of working around Pete s solution is really the easiest and worked on the first try.

so:

just delete simconnect.cfg and simconnect.xml in your FSX Planner folder

launch FSX

connect to FSX from FSX Planner

IP 127.0.0.1

and now the tricky part:

you need to find the established port for FSX

this tool finds it for you

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/N..._Download.html

( Open port scanner )

just add the corresponding port and you are done

regards

awe

PS: you can read the full threat here :

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38901&postcount=35

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
FSX - FSX Planner Connection Problem

Hi,
I have a problem connecting to FSX though FSX Planner so i thouht this might solve that problem, the downlaod link you provided is invalid and therefore, i canot find the FSX port.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

Country
france
You don't really need such an utility to configure simconnect applications.
Just specify a fixed port number in simconnect.xml. Remember it's %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\SimConnect.XML
Don't use port numbers < 1024 or 8080

Eg:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<SimConnect.Comm>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
<Scope>local</Scope>
<Port>48447</Port>
<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
<MaxRecvSize>16384</MaxRecvSize>
<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

If you specify a global scope instead of local, the port number would not be posted to the registry and thus some applications may stop working, like FSUIPC
There is a bug in Java with IPv6 sockets on WinXP (not Vista), so force protocol to be IPv4 (see http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6230761) if you want to be able to connect with FSXPlanner.

Country
us-texas
You don't even need to download a tool to show you open ports. Just open a windows command prompt and type netstat -na. This will show you a list of all listening ports on your system. Look for the one in the list showing 127.0.0.1 as the ip and something in the 3000-4000 range for port number and that will probably be it.

Denny

Country
luxembourg
ty for your concerns and help BUT with a XML file it just doesn t connect !

(atleast not for me)

that s why i started this threat and the way decribed in my 1 post connects perfectly.

regards

awe

ty for your concerns and help BUT with a XML file it just doesn t connect !

(atleast not for me)

that s why i started this threat and the way decribed in my 1 post connects perfectly.

regards

awe

I tested this on XP and it worked very well. I haven't tested it ono Vista though, so am not sure about that.

However, we are now going to look into seeing if we can have FSX Planner automatically discover the appropriate port. If this is successful, then we'll be able to do away with the SimConnect.xml file on local connections. We'll probably still leave it as an option though, if people prefer that.

-Russell

Country
luxembourg
ic0277

it works fine now with your SimConnect.XML in folder :

documentsandsettings/"USER"/%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\SimConnect.XML

ty again

regards

awe