• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Crash when unloading AI aircraft

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
In a new project I'm experiencing unexpected FSX crashes when leaving the project area.
I've created custom AI traffic with custom (and newly created) AFD airfields. Everything works perfectly well (I kept FSX running for hours to see if I get any crashes) - until the user aircraft flies away from the area. At some point FSX crashes most of the time.
I ran a few tests and found that this issue is not related to the AFD files but the custom traffic, so I assume it's related to either a buggy AI aircraft (I only use custom built AI, no default aircraft) or to FSX having trouble to remove it when more than 10NM away.

Has anyone ever experienced similar FSX crashes?

Country
southafrica
Is the scenery Files FSX or FS9 format?FSX format works best!

Are the AI only flying in your scenery area,try that some land out side the area and see what happens.

I have never had that problem.

Cheers Frits
http://triengtrieng.webs.com/

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
It's FSX traffic created with TTools. I defined all airports in the airports.txt file, some inside the area, some outside. I might have to remove some AI models to see if one of them is causing the crashes.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
:banghead: Oh my, that really was one of the more stupid things I did lately...

Thanks for pointing that out, no idea how I forgot about that.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thanks for the info. I already transcripted the code to the FSX SDK since I had worked with that before but for some reason must've forgotten to do so and not work with TTools.
Don't think the crashes are fixed though, I'll have to further investigate.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
This can often be due to an aircraft with a corrupt texture file. Remove aircraft by moving folders or renaming the title= lines until the crashing stops.