• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE FSX crashed before loading stock airport edited with ADE.

Country
japan
Hi, I edited a stock airport and compiled it to bgl file, but fsx didn't load it. (Other unedited stock airports, or Addon airports can be loaded.)

FSX suddenly finished when I start loading it. (loaded 0%)

So I tried that; I loaded the stock airport to ADE, and compiled it without any changes.
But it didn't work. Of course, I could load the stock airport (when I removed the self-made addon) with fsx.

I uploaded the addon includes compiled bgl file and ade's project file. Is there any file missing in my folder?
I'm a beginner so please give me some advice.

I'm using latest version ADE and P3D's bgl compiler.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Tsushima.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 140
  • RJDT_ADEX_ADE.ad4
    13.6 KB · Views: 150

GHD

Country
england
I think you must have a problem with one or more of your support programs (Bglciomp.exe, Bglcomp.xsd etc.)

Try putting the atttached files into an active scenery area. They were compiled for FSX from your ade4 file.

Attachments

• RJDT_ADEX_ADE.bgl
    4.5 KB · Views: 141
  • RJDT_ADEX_ADE_OBJ.bgl
    1.5 KB · Views: 155

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You did back up the stock airport didnt you before doing anything? It might be wise to put the original backed up version back in place and then load. If you havent backed up the original (which you wont have touched in anyway) you may have to run the FSX install again to repair. That way you are cleaning out any missed errors - Then we can look at whats added and see if its an issue or if the something is not sending data to the right areas for use.

As a side note its better to save the stock airport you changed as an add on that way the stock is untouched in the main system for just this reason and the scenery library loads it just like any add on you may venture to us from other sources

GHD

Country
england
Yes, you are using the P3D V4 compiler.

You need to use the FSX or P3D V1 compiler.

Country
japan
Thanks! I installed P3D V1 compiler and it worked!

I'm editing stock airports as addons as you said :D Thank you for your advice!