• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

fsx decent ai ships

l 've been searching around for decent looking FSX ai ships with no luck.
Can someone help pls

Thanks Robystar

What happened to the merchant ships . l haven't seen a good one .

PS. Did we use to exchange ideas a few years back about ships traffic in good old fs9 or am l wrong ?

Kali Spera George,

(But then in Greek and I do not have Greek characters on my keyboard and it is almost the only modern Greek I know, besides the fact that it would be awkward for the other readers:))
What do you mean by merchant ships? I can find dozens of them (cargo, container, etc.) on the two sites I mentioned. They are FSX and FS9 but they are rather OK qualitywise to be used as AI in FSX.
Or else, go to http://f1.aaa.livedoor.jp/~rjnnhama/craft.htm and you will find some beautiful Hamaguchi creations. FS2004 models do work in FSX!

Good afternoon Roby or Kalispera and thanks

l didn't see very many additions of ships at "Shipyards" since the old days , when we were chatting youself , myself and a guy
from Australia (don't recall the name ), on another site l think .
Checked Hama's site , much better .

Cheers

Unfortunately, I see the problem. I get the same Chinese characters now except for the message: error file not found.
Maybe try simviation or avsim or flightsim and search for Hamaguchi.
Sorry, I have not downloaded those merchant vessels ever so I cannot send them to you.

Hello Roby,

Have been trying Hama's fs9 and fsx ai ships with no luck .
The screen appears for a sec with the ship in sight and then FSX shuts off .
Will you try the attched in you computer and see if it works ? If so what's wrong here . No problem with the default ships

BTW : So far l have been doing routes for single ships and they are OK . Tried for 2 and 3 ships but is seems that l 've made a mess in the syntax of kml .
Have you anything l could take as a guide ?

Last edited:
Hi again,

If you use the living world AI with AIBTC, and in the case of the FS9 le france, you have to use a sim.cfg instead of the existing one. Have you done that?
I cannot find anything wrong with your 'flightplan'.
If you want several vessels to sail the same route, you will have to open the kml with wordpad, copy the coordinates and rename the KML file.
Example: Say you have three vessels on the same route.
The KML 7200 you save as Lefrance or whatever.
Open your KML file with wordpad, copy the contents and paste them underneath the original coordinates and change the copied 7200 into 7201.
Repeat this for the third vessel and change the 7200 into 7202.
In the boat plan you give your first vessel the route 7200, the second one 7201 and the third 7202.
Now you can compile.

What do you mean Roby , rename the aircraft.cfg to sim.cfg and then call it in
"Boats.txt" with the title in the sim.cfg ?

No, George,

Your AI aircraft/boat folder in simobjects includes
a model folder
a texture folder
possibly a sound folder and a panel folder
an aircraft.cfg, and
an .air file.
You only need the model, texture and sound folder and you delete the rest.
Take a sim.cfg from another vessel and change it to read:
[fltsim.0]
title=AI_Le France (or whatever name you want to put there)
model=
texture=
atc_id=
atc_airline=
atc_heavy=1
atc_flight_number=
You might have to adjust the "static height= ..." to have the vessel float lower or higher in the water.
You then put this sim.cfg in your airplane/boat folder.
Then you put the same title in your boatsxxx.txt.

Last edited:
Fyi, you could then use the MCX attached object editor to add wake, smoke and light effects to your model.