• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Default Terminal Buildings

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi folks,

I've done a few forum searches here on this but I haven't been able to pin down the locations of the various default terminal buildings in FSX / P3D. It appears that they are located in a scattering of folders and regarded by the sim as "Stock Objects" which are mighty tricky to find when I'm looking to modify certain terminals. The work is part of a project which I'm hoping will transform the standard ( default ) airport terminals worldwide in the sim, hence the need to root out those default terminals.

Has anyone figured this out in their travels previously? I have the FSX BIGThumb download with all thumbnails and GUID but I can't figure out a way to make the search easier for the source BGLs. Any help much appreciated - if nobody has trodden this path before I suppose it'll be a loooong process of converting bgls and examining the models to figure out which is which o_O

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Mmmm, looks like I've got you all beat this time! :p

I shall go digging for thy models and hope I can locate them all. Would've been easier if the ACES team had done something really crazy and put all airport object bgls in the same folder...

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

You didn't get the beat on anyone except for yourself :eek:. The common practice in changing anything (within an airport boundaries, objects or otherwise is going through an application (such as ADE or others). It is NEVER recommended to change or decompile the default .blg files within FSX or any of the others (if that was your intent).. I know that in ADE does give the name of the default .blg file that the airport it is a part of.

You could create a library of models for the corrections that you wish to make, but this could cause problems for others sceneries as well. So... more background from you is needed.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks Doug,

I need to extract default terminals in order to get their dimensions really, nothing else. For what I have in mind there isn't really any other way. The add-on in question is under wraps at the moment but early tests have been awesome. By focusing on default terminals all scenery that uses them is affected. Third party scenery is not affected of course.

I will just have to get stuck in and locate the various models. It probably won't be that bad once I get into it,

Cheers :)

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

I'm sure you understand that the default Terminals are based on 13 yrs old data (maybe as much as 14 yrs now). So, many of the default measurements of the Terminals will be inaccurate (that is if they were right in the first place). Maybe , your using the measurements as to check against. If you are using the GUID's to check against in terms of "if they are being used or not", could be tricky also. But nevertheless,... Good Luck!

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I won't be altering the terminals positions or designs, the models are only needed for width, height and depth measurements. Everything else is being done independently. Hard to explain without giving away my hand too early :)