• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX FSX does not display changes to airport

Country
unitedkingdom
As I am new to ADE, I followed the tutorial and successfully modified KMGY, it worked perfectly.
I have now modified my nearest airport, LGKR, Corfu. The file compiled and I placed the .bgl file in FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery. On running FSx and loading LGKR it still shows the original airport. Why does it not show my update?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi and welcome to FS Developer. What changes did you make that are not showing up?

Country
unitedkingdom
Changes to LGKR

The parking on the stock airport has no relationship to real life, which the Jeppersen Chart shows and I observe as a user. so I slightly expanded the apron by abour 20 metres and totally re-arranged the parking. The stock airport parking is totally unrealistic when you actually use the airport.

Some parking also showed incorrect dimensions for aircraft like Boeing 737 and Airbus A320, which are the most common users during the peak periods in the Summer. Dimensions where taken from Google Earth, dated to 2009.

All the changes I made where made in the same mode as the tutorial. My systen is the same, Windows XP to Service Pack 3, FSUIPC4 installed and working, but not registered.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you please provide the ADE project file rather than the Bgl file. This will have an extension of .ad2. This will enable us to see what you have done and compare it to FSX.

Country
unitedkingdom
ADV File

Thanks for your help, file copy attached.

Attachments

• LGKR_ADEX_MLM.ad2
    136.5 KB · Views: 203

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - can you tell me what you changed that is not showing up?

Country
unitedkingdom
Lgkr

FSX only displays the stock airport and none of my changes. My previous effort following the manual, KMGY, is great.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
FSX only displays the stock airport and none of my changes. My previous effort following the manual, KMGY, is great.

If George has identified the correct changed then I can see them also.

The most likely issue is that the Bgl file you created is not being read by FSX. I assume this is in ..\Addon Scenery\scenery. Also check that you do not have any other Bgl file in there that has this airport.

Although it is not perfect you could try the Airport Scanner Beta that is referred to here and see if there are any other addon Bgl files containing this airport that might cancel your efforts

Country
unitedkingdom
*.bgl

The only files I have in ../addonscenery/scenery are KMGY and LGKR. I will try to do what you suggest but if KMGY works it is difficult to understand why LGKR fails.
I have just noticed that although I have FSUIPC4 installed ADE seems unable to loacte it. Is this an issue?

I really appreciate your help guys.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The only files I have in ../addonscenery/scenery are KMGY and LGKR. I will try to do what you suggest but if KMGY works it is difficult to understand why LGKR fails.
I have just noticed that although I have FSUIPC4 installed ADE seems unable to loacte it. Is this an issue?

I really appreciate your help guys.

Well if George and I can see the changes then it will be something to do with your setup. Do you have any Traffic Programs like Ultimate Traffic X installed? These have Airport files with them and can often load after Addon Scenery. If so they may well cancel out your efforts.

FSUIPC is not related to this.

Country
unitedkingdom
Traffic Programs

I do have a version of MYTraffic installed. Which works very well. But if KMGY works how is it the LGKR does not. If this is related to MyTraffic is there a fix?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I do have a version of MYTraffic installed. Which works very well. But if KMGY works how is it the LGKR does not. If this is related to MyTraffic is there a fix?

It is the order in which files load in FSX. Go to the Scenery Settings and move Addon Scenery to the top. Save it and try again.

Country
unitedkingdom
Success

Thanks Jon. Did as you said and all is well.

Thanks to all you guys for you help and for your time.

Have a great holiday and a very good 2013

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No worries. I am pleased that it is now working :)

Country
germany
Mikelor, if you have a traffic program installed it is always useful to doublecheck if the airport you are working on is covered by that AI software.

Traffic programs naturally cover only a selection of airports. The selected airports pretty often feature a modified number of parkings. If you intend to modify such an airport you should try to keep the number and type of parkings. The AI traffic for that particular destination is calculated according to them, thus if you change the number and type of parkings they will not correspond to the settings any longer.

Stay tuned!

Country
unitedkingdom
MyTraffic X

Thanks for the info Hotelfox. MyTraffic does recognise LGKR and having changed the priority in the AddON Scenery folder everything is OK. I still have issues with MyTraffic X but that is for another thread.

Happy New Year from Paxos