• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX FSX doesn't recognize autogen texture folder

Country
yugoslavia
Hello,
My problem is as simple as it gets. FSX doesn't recognize the autogen scenery through the Scenery Library, although no errors have been given in ScenProc.
I have been using the regular workflow, shown in attachment. Could it be that I miss the photoground .bgl files or anything else?
The images that are also attached show the presence of the autogen files in the export folder, and FSX simply not recognizing scenery structure.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT: The GUID reference to the ORBX building classes.

Attachments

• attach1.png
    attach1.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 526
  • attach2.png
    attach2.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 495
  • attach3.png
    attach3.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 580
Country
yugoslavia
it doesn't appear you have the right guid there, test first with default buildings guid!
I have already did, yet the same outcome. I'm loosely guessing that somehow both scenery and texture folders require placement of bgl and agn files respectively.

Country
us-california
textures as well!
if one of the textures is not in path you wont see buildings,
orbx relys on their own textures vs default textures, your agn will be looking for that texture in the default sim folder;
while these textures are likely inside orbx folder hierarchy and will be loaded from there as fallback; but not from an "offshore" fallback location,

first make sure you get buildings using regular textures before trying none default textures,

Country
yugoslavia
Still the same result. The GUIDs are now changed to {0230e7fd-701b-472b-8fa6-b7a2884e38a6} (Roof_Gabled_16) and {e6d8abb4-739a-4788-a7de-9756452afbcf} (Roof_Flat_Walled__05 (0.25, 0)) which are indeed default. ORBX might be causing some conflict.

Country
yugoslavia
Doesn't help. Maybe Arno could also provide me some assistance.
Just in case if you haven't exactly figured out the issue or I wasn't clear, I just want that the Directory and Scenery Area Title fields appear and do recognize the autogen hierarchy.
Just like in the following image.
attach4.png

Country
yugoslavia
Okay, no problem. I'm glad that you offered help. Thank you, if you've got anything else, feel free to add. I can also wait, no hurry, but it's somehow grinding my gears :D

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Is your photo bgl in the serbia\texture folder? That's required.

HolgerSandmann

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi there,

maybe I'm misunderstanding the question but isn't this just the known "bug" with manually adding scenery in FSX?

The photo scenery .bgl should be in the scenery subfolder and the .agn files in the texture subfolder.

FYI, I assume you're aware of this: if you're planning on distributing your work you cannot utilize/reference Orbx Library objects as they are copyrighted and not available for general use. No issues if this is just for your private enjoyment.

Cheers, Holger

Country
us-california
i was under the impression this is for personal use Holger!
(or id first mention your copyright policy!)

ATB

Country
yugoslavia
No, no, didn't have any thought about making this public.
That's what I was hoping that would be needed, thank you very much :)